GDT: 10/16/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Better question yours. Fleury is nothing special in terms of movement or flexibility. Quick is way better in that regard. Or others like Domingue or Mrazek. They have other downsides...Vasi doesn't and that's why he's the best goalie in the world right now.

My goodness...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Better question yours. Fleury is nothing special in terms of movement or flexibility. Quick is way better in that regard. Or others like Domingue or Mrazek. They have other downsides...Vasi doesn't and that's why he's the best goalie in the world right now.

I feel like every single thing in this post is wrong.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

This is literally Fleury's bread and butter.....

Mrazek is a positional goalie who plays too deep in his net, his biggest weakness has been lateral puck movement...

Vasi isn't even the best young goaltender in the league...

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
This is literally Fleury's bread and butter.....

Mrazek is a positional goalie who plays too deep in his net, his biggest weakness has been lateral puck movement...

Vasi isn't even the best young goaltender in the league...
Who would you consider the best young goalie?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Who would you consider the best young goalie?

Could anyone give an unbiased argument as to how Vasi has been better than Gibson thus far in their careers? Gibson's played more games, has a lower GAA, a much higher save %, has 3 consecutive seasons above .920, Vasi has only had 1 in comparison. Last year was Vasi's best year and Gibson still outperformed him. I don't think we've played a Ducks game the past 2 years where Gibson hasn't been their best player.

Reactions: Palat

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Could anyone give an unbiased argument as to how Vasi has been better than Gibson thus far in their careers? Gibson's played more games, has a lower GAA, a much higher save %, has 3 consecutive seasons above .920, Vasi has only had 1 in comparison. Last year was Vasi's best year and Gibson still outperformed him. I don't think we've played a Ducks game the past 2 years where Gibson hasn't been their best player.
I agree with you, I was just curious if you were going to go with Hellebuyck or Gibson.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I agree with you, I was just curious if you were going to go with Hellebuyck or Gibson.

Never really been a fan of Hellebuyck, or maybe it's because he's never really stood on his head when we've played him. Yeah he has nearly identical numbers to Vasi right now but I think the gap will widen there. Gibson to me is clearly at the top right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad