GDT: 10/15/2019 Game 6: Detroit Red Wings @ Vancouver Canucks (10pm EST)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Green better start looking like he give a poop, otherwise he's probably looking at retirement after this season. He's the worst looking defender on the team with the worst D. I don't see him going to Europe with his health issues and another kid coming.

Nemeth let a guy skate behind him on one of the ES goals, there's not a defender in the world that can compensate for a mistake like that. Stevie is going to need to buy or trade for a steady LD this offseason.

You say that like Green hasn’t already made up his mind on retirement when this contract ends.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Do you know something I don't? He hasn't mentioned retirement yet, and he's 34.

Granted that he's playing like he's already retired and playing in an alumni game....

Between the back injury, the viral issue, the declining play, the age, and the contract expiration, I am comfortable in making an educated guess that this is his last year.

You mentioned he’s 34, and not many players go on to have careers into their mid and late 30s. With a growing family, and being very particular in where he plays at this stage, it’s definitely not out of the realm of possibility that he’s excited to start life after hockey.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Between the back injury, the viral issue, the declining play, the age, and the contract expiration, I am comfortable in making an educated guess that this is his last year.

You mentioned he’s 34, and not many players go on to have careers into their mid and late 30s. With a growing family, and being very particular in where he plays at this stage, it’s definitely not out of the realm of possibility that he’s excited to start life after hockey.
Certainly a possibility, but you said it like he's already announced something. If I was in his situation, I'd probably be looking for a 7D spot with a contender, but it definitely doesn't look like he wants to play anymore.

In the box for two goals, and on the ice for two goals; four out of five.

Hey, 80% efficiency is nothing to sneeze at.
One of those 2 ES goals was Nemeth's fault, but the other one was a gift by Green on a very weak, stupid pass. Could have been even worse, every single D aimed for shin pads last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad