GDT: 10/15/2019 Game 6: Detroit Red Wings @ Vancouver Canucks (10pm EST)

Christien

May 1, 2010
Bertuzzi and Hronek teaming up on that Canuck in the corner was awesome :laugh:

This team just needs more help, more talent. We NEED a top player from the draft this year, like really badly.

Reactions: odin1981

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This could get real bad real quick for AA, both financially and developmentally. The mental game is super important for goal scorers and I could see him getting tired of this real fast.
He hasn't looked like 18-19 AA, but I'm guessing it's not having a preseason. After 5gp/Thurs after CGY, then I'll start to worry. His body language hasn't been right since day 1 though, kinda like he realizes he's in for a very long season. This was how Mantha looked ~ the first half of last season.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Alright, that's a wrap for me, we're basically a one line team at this point. And our defense is seriously messed up. Outside of Hronek the rest are crap, might as well bring up Seider, I honestly think he would be the 2nd best dman on this team.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Hockey is getting to be almost unbearable to watch it is so soft and lifeless. 10 minute misconducts for anyone who pushes someone on the other team and a bunch of losers collecting their paychecks. They do not care. Love it...

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I know SY won't have a knee jerk reaction & shop for a real 2C (50pt+), but part of me wishes he would. JV is likely 2-3 years away from being able to be a 2C (50pt+) & still be defensively responsible.

I see JV's timeline as:
19-20: GR + 9-40 gp max in DET
20-21: in DET as 3W , then 3C, maybe some 2W
21-22: 2W, then 2C

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I live in BC and saw the whole game. The Wings penalty kill was brutal giving up three goals. Green was awful. We had a 5 on 3 two shots. I thought though 3 of Detroit's penalties were soft calls. We need additional scoring one line cannot do it all. Is it time to bring up someone like Rasmussen. AA definitely needs some help and he hasn't done much yet. The PP needs a lot of work boys and PK 13 of 18 72%

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I live in BC and saw the whole game. The Wings penalty kill was brutal giving up three goals. Green was awful. We had a 5 on 3 two shots. I thought though 3 of Detroit's penalties were soft calls. We need additional scoring one line cannot do it all. Is it time to bring up someone like Rasmussen. AA definitely needs some help and he hasn't done much yet. The PP needs a lot of work boys and PK 13 of 18 72%

I'd like to see 5 games of AA-Flip-Svech. I think that line would be much more effective than the current 2nd line.

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I'd like to see 5 games of AA-Flip-Svech. I think that line would be much more effective than the current 2nd line.

That's the line I've wanted since preseason.
It's time to bring up the 23-year-old first round pick and see what he can do.
Ride him for a while.
Defensively, that's a big job for Flip. But maybe it works.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hirose is brutal on 5-3 PP. Standing behind the net instead of going for the rebound. Too many perimeter shots with no traffic in front of the net. They need to come up with a better system for 5-3 PP, they have yet to score on one.

Green needs to sit. If Bowey made half as many mistakes he'd be benched for 10 games. Veterans need to be held accountable too, let Green watch a couple of games.

AA was on the last PK, so I think they may have just given up at that point, and let him practice.

Did the team tell Mantha not to punch? What the heck was that headbutt thing? That deserves a game suspension, as does Erne's elbow away from the play, and Tyler Myer sucker punch on Erne while he was on his knee. There are unwritten hockey rules, you just don't so that crap.

Not a good game, but it would have been a lot closer if not for Green & Nemeth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->