BRUINS GDT 10/11 - Game 4 - Boston Bruins vs. Edmonton Oilers - 7pm ET - NESN, TVAS, SNW, SNOL, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I agree! (as long as he doesn't put any of our guys through the glass)

Let's GO :bruins's!!!
I think he has held back (in the games he has returned) from hitting his B's pals.

There are only 5 players left on the B's that he won the cup with.

I know he did not have a good year last season but Looch gave us so many good memories and left with such class. He was always nice to the old lady next to the bench. I miss him.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I think he has held back (in the games he has returned) from hitting his B's pals.

There are only 5 players left on the B's that he won the cup with.

I know he did not have a good year last season but Looch gave us so many good memories and left with such class. He was always nice to the old lady next to the bench. I miss him.

I expect Lucic to have a bounce back season. I don't expect a 30-30-60 season but it would be pretty surprising to me personally if he repeated last year. Especially if he was able to improve his skating. He's just such a prideful guy and still young enough to prove his worth.

Reactions: Ladyfan

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW

There are only 5 left on the B's that he won the cup with.

Oiler fan checking in - Lucic, despite all the Oiler fans hating on him, really suffered from an unlucky year. His shot % dropped by 7% from his career average. Otherwise would have scored 20 again.
Had a great first game, I don't worry too much about him.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
You took a potential 20 goal scorer kid out who needs to learn and put a penalty killer with 2 goals in his career on the second line. Where do I sign up??
Key work is potential, to date not so much. Not sure what the issue is here, it is game four, relax, may work for a few games, may work for season or may work for the first period.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm just hoping McDavid doesn't make the Bruins D look like statues.

Bruins have had some trouble with the Oilers over the years, lets hope they start a new trend tonight.

Reactions: Emerz

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm just hoping McDavid doesn't make the Bruins D look like statues.

Bruins have had some trouble with the Oilers over the years, lets hope they start a new trend tonight.

We don't have anyone on the blueline that can completely keep up with him, but we do have some guys that can skate well enough to be effective- Grizz, Charlie, Moore- Carlo is a pretty fluid skater but I think a bit slower than the other three guys. It might not be so bad.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
McDavid, Chara relish opportunity of best-on-best matchup - Sportsnet.ca

Neat article on Chara facing McDavid.

Not to get off-topic, but it's crazy to think that Chara has competed against so many different eras of generational or great players. From Wayne/Mario, to guys like Jagr/Lindros/Forsberg, to Sid/OV, and now the new breed in McDavid/Matthews/Laine.

I caught that too- pretty cool, really- he has spanned three hockey eras. And think how the game has changed since he started, too.

Reactions: BruinDust

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
The second line has done nothing so far - why not try something different?

There is trying anything different and then there is trying something different that could actually work well. Bjork would have been better in that spot IMO. Maybe move Donato down to the 3rd line swapped with Bjork so he doesn't seem as outmatched and gain maybe get some confidence back.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
There is trying anything different and then there is trying something different that could actually work well. Bjork would have been better in that spot IMO. Maybe move Donato down to the 3rd line swapped with Bjork so he doesn't seem as outmatched and gain maybe get some confidence back.

They want that 3rd line to keep playing together and hopefully build some chemistry

Reactions: wintersej

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Putting Nordstrom into the top 6 is a Claude Julien move, sure lets sit out fast skilled young guys like Donato or not call up Cehlarik and put a 4th line plugger into the top 6. I hope Nordstrom and Acciari are long gone by Xmas.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Because he didn't go out and get a 2nd line RW and people clearly know how it's going to after 3 games it's all a mess and the season is basically over. Rookies aren't ready!! lmfao
Donato looked horrible in the playoffs last season, was he not healthy scratched a few games? He wasn't impressive in the pre season and has not looked good the first 3 regular season games either.
None of the 3 young center's made the team, am I correct in saying that?
Bjork has missed like 10 months of hockey and really could use some time in Providence to get accustomed again, does that qualify as not being ready?
Heinen of all the youngsters is "ready" but I don't believe he's a top 6 option.
What are you LMFAO at in all of that?

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad