BRUINS GDT 10/11 - Game 4 - Boston Bruins vs. Edmonton Oilers - 7pm ET - NESN, TVAS, SNW, SNOL, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Nordstrom's on the 2nd line? Whatever. There are others that I'd prefer in that spot but I'm not going to freak out just yet. If Cassidy wants to give him a game to two there, I'm fine with it. It's early in the season with a couple of new faces. Let him tinker a bit. But, if Nordstrom stinks in that spot but continues to play there......then we need to take this outside.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Someone in the organization must really like Nordstrom. Weird signing to begin with. Not doing themselves any favors when it comes to developing sustainable scoring depth. Might work for a game or two... Hope it does. Not sure I see the upside at this point in the season though. It's not like they are bleeding and need to plug a hole to squeak out points. This is the time where they should be experimenting with long term options.

Reactions: Blowfish

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Someone in the organization must really like Nordstrom. Weird signing to begin with. Not doing themselves any favors when it comes to developing sustainable scoring depth. Might work for a game or two... Hope it does. Not sure I see the upside at this point in the season though. It's not like they are bleeding and need to plug a hole to squeak out points. This is the time where they should be experimenting with long term options.
This is Darth Sweeney do it captain needa.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Going to the game tonight and definitely looking forward to it. My first game in two years! The last game I went to was Marchand’s OT game winning penalty shot against Buffalo. It’ll be hard to top that.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Nordstrom's on the 2nd line? Whatever. There are others that I'd prefer in that spot but I'm not going to freak out just yet. If Cassidy wants to give him a game to two there, I'm fine with it. It's early in the season with a couple of new faces. Let him tinker a bit. But, if Nordstrom stinks in that spot but continues to play there......then we need to take this outside.

I see Heinen or Bjork on line 2 by the 2nd period.

Reactions: Blowfish

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
ehh , im fine with trying nordstrom.. he's proved he has a high motor and willing to go get the puck at all times. could be a nice complement to debrusk, get krejci the puck and hope they can get some scoring plays out of it.. if krejci has debrusk and nordstrom both with high motors maybe it will take his off idle? its early lets try it

Reactions: Alicat

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
ehh , im fine with trying nordstrom.. he's proved he has a high motor and willing to go get the puck at all times. could be a nice complement to debrusk, get krejci the puck and hope they can get some scoring plays out of it.. if krejci has debrusk and nordstrom both with high motors maybe it will take his off idle? its early lets try it

Why not try a better option like Bjork first? Nordstrom there just doesn't make sense when there are better options on the roster already.

Reactions: Estlin and Blowfish

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I'll be going to this game so I'll be getting the full Nordstrom experience tonight. I'll be sure to take notes and record every shift on my phone. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness I see Bjork as the guy who gets bumped up as probably everyone else does. That line worked at the beginning of last season.

Hoping for a good effort but very excited to see McDavid skate in-person.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What a mess this forward group is looking like.

Basically the Bergeron line and who the heck knows.

Nordstrom on a scoring line is embarrassing. That's something Julien would do. Has Donato played that bad that a guy who scored TWO goals all of last year goes from healthy scratch to the 2nd freakin' line? I guess so.

Reactions: Estlin and Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

I'm all for trying this however like some have said. Most likely Bjork moves up. Perhaps his speed/forecheck will compliment Debrusk/Krejci. I'm more curious but not holding my breath. Should be interesting. If this works well this makes the bruins a very interesting inexpensive team.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Ugh. Someone just called in sick so now I have to go into work. Which means 2 things....I won’t get home until game almost over and I’ll now be working 6 12 hour days straight as I had previously agreed to take an extra shift Tuesday. :-( Lets go Bs! Please have a nice healthy lead by time I get home from work!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ugh. Someone just called in sick so now I have to go into work. Which means 2 things....I won’t get home until game almost over and I’ll now be working 6 12 hour days straight as I had previously agreed to take an extra shift Tuesday. :-( Lets go Bs! Please have a nice healthy lead by time I get home from work!

Call out sick. ;)

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad