GDT: 10/10 Sharks @ Canucks - "Apply Yourselves!!" - 7PM PT CSN-CA RADIO: KFOX

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
I know it's not the playoffs, but they should hand out towels to the fans in case he scores 4

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
He'll get a fine at most and it's justified really. He shouldn't be saying crap like that around the media even if he does trust the bulk of them. If that quote is accurate, I would bet he was interrupting Botchford's questioning of Marleau telling him to shut up before going on how he did.

Yes a fine is justified, but really it's not a big deal. Anyone who thinks these guys act the way the media portrays them "on the record" is just fooling themselves.

If anything, the shut up part is the worst of that quote.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
I may need to bring one of these with me to games this year just in case ANYONE on the team scores 4 goals again in a game.

AC1_b.gif

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Hertl was starting to get a lot of attention. 3 games in to your rookie season? My money is on joe knowing exactly what would happen with that quote.

Completely fine with it.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
But seriously, one of the GDT geniuses needs to take these and make a GDT in a tasteful way. A "naked" Burns, JT and his pet chicken, etc. :)

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
He'll get a fine at most and it's justified really. He shouldn't be saying crap like that around the media even if he does trust the bulk of them. If that quote is accurate, I would bet he was interrupting Botchford's questioning of Marleau telling him to shut up before going on how he did.
Pfft, if it was Marleau saying it, you'd be defending him.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I have no problem with the comment. Pretty good move actually. Now everyone is talking about this instead of the whole "hotdogging Hertl".

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I hope none of the guys become too distracted tonight.

They probably don't pay too much attention to what the media is saying right before a game. My biggest concern is how it might affect Hertl due his lack knowledge of the language and culture, which might cause him to be distracted and not play with the same mindset he has been.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I hope none of the guys become too distracted tonight.

Yep, I think we are too over confident from the last 3 games and have lost focused with all the media attention on Hertl and Thornton. I think we probably need a come down to earth game anyways.

My Snog:

Canucks 4 - 1
Van: D Sedin x2, Garrison, Hansen
SJ: Pavelski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad