GDT: 10/10 Sharks @ Canucks - "Apply Yourselves!!" - 7PM PT CSN-CA RADIO: KFOX

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Hey Sharks fans, quick fantasy question for ya. I picked up TMNH yesterday (as about 99.9% of the fantasy hockey world did) and also have Couture in my lineup. If you could only pick one, who would you start? Thanks in advance and good luck tonight! :)

Last edited:

Bartcal

Sponsor
Apr 15, 2007
So Cal
I hardly ever snog, but what the heck.

4-3 Sharks
Marleau, Pavelski, Burns, Demers
Sedin, Kessler, Bieksa

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Jumbo trying to deflect criticism @ Hertl

NSFW, and you want to make sure there's nothing in your mouth when you read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
When does Havlat get back to the lineup?

There's no timetable as of yet for his return. Hertl did say in an interview a week or so back that he thinks Havlat is getting close and will be back soon. And we all know that Hertl controls the world now, so that's obviously a good sign. :sarcasm:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

That is hilarious. Also glad to hear sedin being all class about the hertl goal.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Give Joe credit, people won't be talking much about Hertl anymore...they'll be making fun of Thornton's inability to finish.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Give Joe credit, people won't be talking much about Hertl anymore...they'll be making fun of Thornton's inability to finish.

1720-ba-dum-tss.png

You'll be here all week :laugh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

There has to be better ways to deflect criticism going to the kid than that. That's just an incredibly stupid thing to say with media around.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
1720-ba-dum-tss.png

You'll be here all week :laugh:

Hey - I tried!

Back to the quote, I didn't think for a second Thornton would say something like that on the record (even though him taking the heat off of Hertl is kind of awesome) and according to most of Van media, he said it in jest off camera.

Unless the org has done a 180 on how they handle themselves with the media I can't imagine McLellan / DW being thrilled with that going public!!

@rcamcole: Yup, funny line by Thornton. But he didn't say for publication. There's a line that was crossed, and not by Jumbo.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
As funny as that line is (and it's ****ing hilarious), I'd be absolutely furious if I was Thornton. Stuff like that isn't supposed to be spread by the media. Whoever leaked that is an absolute amateur. Off record means off record.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
But on that note, I don't normally SNOG, but now I have to:

Sharks: 4
Canucks: 1

Sharks goals: Thornton x 4
Canucks goals: Luongo, while the rest of the Canucks roster is busy staring at Big Joe's Little Joe.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
That is pretty messed up though if that was supposed to be a in confidence quote and they went ahead and ran it anyways.

I understand why the org wouldn't want that out there but at the same time I friggin love that it was.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
As funny as that line is (and it's ****ing hilarious), I'd be absolutely furious if I was Thornton. Stuff like that isn't supposed to be spread by the media. Whoever leaked that is an absolute amateur. Off record means off record.

My money is on Jason Botchford, Vancouver best writer. First to report it and he has zero standards or ethics.

Funny comments from Joe, but he'll probably be fined by the league for having this made public.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad