GDT: 10/10: FINALLY! Boston Bruins vs. Colorado Avalanche - 7pm ET - NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
:laugh: I didn't mean tonight I just meant Neely was owned Roy when they played. :laugh:

Still... Wouldn't mind if it happened tonight. ;) :laugh:

Should be a really fun game tonight. I got 5-4 Bruins in an offensive game. Krug, Dougie, Loui, Paille x2. These damn three hours stand between us.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
The Avalanche are 6-0-1 in the last 7 games in TD Garden

They are 34-14-7 against Eastern Conference opponents since 2009-10 and 62-34-7 against the East since 2005-06.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Going to miss the 1st since I'll be at work till 7, but boy am I glad hockey is back on. This mini-break has been such a tease.

hooked

Jul 6, 2005
Gals and guys, I hate to say this..........my 1988 Boston Bruins framed poster fell off my son's bedroom wall this morning. I've had ill thoughts about tonight all day. Is there some kind of voodoo I can do to right this disturbing event ???

Was it the 87-88 Bruins team that beat Roy in the division finals? Or was it 88-89? Big difference...

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
On paper I'd have to agree. Heck, even on the ice as individuals they aren't spectacular but Roy has them playing well with a good system and more importantly a 5 man system that has the forwards helping a lot coming back ... and add in Stastny's line who isn't showing up on the score sheet but is doing a great job shutting down the other team's top line and they are definitely playing well. That being said though they still have had their issues and Varlamov has been outstanding and made some big saves to cover for them a few times.

With the Avs you're going to see a team that has a ton of speed (outside of a few guys mostly on the blueline) and a team that is going to work and battle. They aren't soft and will finish their checks (in the win against TO every player on the team had at least one hit) and have a couple bruisers ... and a couple guys that will fight in McLeod and Bordeleau, not to mention Downie who is just that right mix of skilled and crazy.

It will be our first JSG backed game though and it will be interesting to see how he plays having had a bad preseason game and then one where he was pretty good. Think this one comes down to if JSG can make a couple key saves or not but I'm expecting a good game, win or lose for the Avs.

Best of luck to you guys. Hoping for a good clean game with no injuries and in the end an Avs win ... but an entertaining game no matter who comes out on top.

Absolutely agreed with all of it, and you guys could still very well win the game. I'm definitely not writing it off as an automatic win. If you do win, I see it at 5-4 or some similar score. Boston's forwards are pretty heavy to play against, and I think they'll find some success tonight. That said, you guys are pretty nasty up front too, and the Bruins defense have been susceptible to speed in the past.

Should be a good one, really looking forward to it.

Burnaby_Joe*

The Avalanche are 6-0-1 in the last 7 games in TD Garden

They are 34-14-7 against Eastern Conference opponents since 2009-10 and 62-34-7 against the East since 2005-06.

I have a feeling that we're getting spanked tonight :cry:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

1384314_460579880722328_95086622_n.jpg

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
What's with all the Avs love? I like Duchene and Landeskog, but can't stand Downie or Roy.

Respect for what they accomplished for Bourque. Not to mention Sakic. Just no hate for the team. Just really like the team. Landeskog is a stud. Duchie, ROR (who I want in a B's uniform, stat!) just really fun players to watch.

Obviously I want my B's to destroy them, but after they leave, I'll be rooting for them. :laugh:

mmonty

Mar 9, 2013
Holy crap did you guys see how huge that guy on the pregame show is? I thought it was Brock Lesnar at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->