GDT: 10/10: FINALLY! Boston Bruins vs. Colorado Avalanche - 7pm ET - NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
This is not the team you want to be facing after a week off and early enough into the season to not have rhythm down yet.

I think the Avs win tonight. Or make it REAL interesting otherwise.

Ha, I have the exact same feeling towards tonight's game as you apparently. As I posted on their GDT and on the VBookie forum. :laugh:

Let's hope we are mistaken, shall we?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Ha, I have the exact same feeling towards tonight's game as you apparently. As I posted on their GDT and on the VBookie forum. :laugh:

Let's hope we are mistaken, shall we?

Definitely. I get to watch this game live tonight and it's been a long time in between games, so I'm even more hungry for a win than I normally am.

And I don't intend to be negative. I truly believe the Bruins are the best, most well-structured team in the NHL. But I think it's going to take a choppy start to get to there and we're going to lose to the teams brimming with confidence (or early desperation) until the lines have all got themselves figured out.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I liked what I saw in the first two games, especially against the Wings. I see no reason why this won't be another W in the win column. I'll catch the game late tonight but I will be watching.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I saw that, then saw this...

Prices starting at $85.95

And this is why I don't go to games. Back when they were in the $30 range we could swing them but I don't have that kind of money.

Now if I want live hockey we go to Monarchs games-or sometimes UNH (although theirs are pricier than Monarchs).

AvInNebr

Jul 10, 2013
Nebraska
Based on their roster. They're off to a decent start, but as a 6-man unit I'd say that's one of the bottom 10 corps in the league.

On paper I'd have to agree. Heck, even on the ice as individuals they aren't spectacular but Roy has them playing well with a good system and more importantly a 5 man system that has the forwards helping a lot coming back ... and add in Stastny's line who isn't showing up on the score sheet but is doing a great job shutting down the other team's top line and they are definitely playing well. That being said though they still have had their issues and Varlamov has been outstanding and made some big saves to cover for them a few times.

With the Avs you're going to see a team that has a ton of speed (outside of a few guys mostly on the blueline) and a team that is going to work and battle. They aren't soft and will finish their checks (in the win against TO every player on the team had at least one hit) and have a couple bruisers ... and a couple guys that will fight in McLeod and Bordeleau, not to mention Downie who is just that right mix of skilled and crazy.

It will be our first JSG backed game though and it will be interesting to see how he plays having had a bad preseason game and then one where he was pretty good. Think this one comes down to if JSG can make a couple key saves or not but I'm expecting a good game, win or lose for the Avs.

Best of luck to you guys. Hoping for a good clean game with no injuries and in the end an Avs win ... but an entertaining game no matter who comes out on top.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
And this is why I don't go to games. Back when they were in the $30 range we could swing them but I don't have that kind of money.

Now if I want live hockey we go to Monarchs games-or sometimes UNH (although theirs are pricier than Monarchs).

So true, I remember some years back, It wasn't much more expensive to go to see the Bruins in Boston ( driving from Ottawa) compare to Montréal......
Now I only go to Ottawa when the Bruins are in town, they still have tickets starting in the 30-40$.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Based on what? Last I checked 3 goals given up in 3 games isn't that horrible.. heh?

I am not speaking from my own knowledge but I was poking around in the Avs game thread to get a feel for them and the one comment that came up a lot ran along the lines of the Avs giving up too many odd man rushes or simply allowing opposition to get into good shooting position and Varlomov bailed them out. Most of these comments were made in discussions about Giguere in net tonight.

We had Thomas so we all know that a hot goalie can bail out defensive holes. It also simply may be Avs fans being hard on their defense.

Either way the Bruins need to set up the cycle and own the neutral zone and I hope they don't start giving up odd man rushes like they did in the Tampa game.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Funny Claude Julien quote about the game, from a NHL.com blog :

Julien was asked Thursday after his team's morning skate if the time off gave him a chance to think about the Olympics. Julien is scheduled to be an assistant coach for Team Canada.

"Yeah, the Olympics," he said. "And then I spent the last couple of days solidifying the glass between the benches."

:D

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Julien was asked Thursday after his team's morning skate if the time off gave him a chance to think about the Olympics. Julien is scheduled to be an assistant coach for Team Canada.

"Yeah, the Olympics," he said. "And then I spent the last couple of days solidifying the glass between the benches."

Hahaha, awesome but Neely would come down and kick Roy's *** anyway so that wouldn't happen. :laugh:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

:laugh:

Julien is a comedian now.

I often wonder what in the world reports are thinking when they ask dumb things like this.

I think the challenge this early in the season playing the Avs is that there isn't a lot of tape to go to when prepping for these games.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Ah yes, the Robbie Ftorek - Dave Lewis years. I think of them fondly.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore

I often wonder what in the world reports are thinking when they ask dumb things like this.

I think the challenge this early in the season playing the Avs is that there isn't a lot of tape to go to when prepping for these games.

He must be watching how Bellichek plays the press and took a few lessons. I like it when the coach takes a dumb question and runs with it.:laugh:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Yeah but that goes both ways too. :)

Coors9

Jan 13, 2006
NF, Canada
Gals and guys, I hate to say this..........my 1988 Boston Bruins framed poster fell off my son's bedroom wall this morning. I've had ill thoughts about tonight all day. Is there some kind of voodoo I can do to right this disturbing event ???

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Gals and guys, I hate to say this..........my 1988 Boston Bruins framed poster fell off my son's bedroom wall this morning. I've had ill thoughts about tonight all day. Is there some kind of voodoo I can do to right this disturbing event ???

Idk I thought I was legitimately having a heart attack earlier too so, lets just go with it's all water under the bridge. Maybe hang it up somewhere else and consider it falling a sign for you to move it for good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->