GDT: 10/10: FINALLY! Boston Bruins vs. Colorado Avalanche - 7pm ET - NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Not physical?? Hmm, they are hardly bruisers but they are physical, IMO, made the Leafs look soft the other night. Hard on the body on every play

Just means speed is more prevalent than a physical style of play. I didnt mean to say they were a soft team. Its good for Bart who is more than capable of handling the rough stuff while providing a little better footspeed to combat the Avs speed.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Avs GDT said that Ryan Wilson might be back tonight. IIRC he was the one who hunched his shoulders at Looch in one of the last games between these teams. Be interesting to see if Looch remembers, because Kyle Beach can attest that he does.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The Avs are putting together quite a nice little roster over and the B's have been able to shut down Stamkos, St. Louis, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg. I'm hoping for a good one tonight. Well, as always, I'm hoping the Bruins smoke the competition but a good game isn't a bad consolation.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
well there goes the win... posting red soxs anywhere close to the Bruins game day thread... This game is cursed now... so disappointing...

and I was looking forward to this game too. Thanks... thanks a lot.

I really hope you're being sarcastic.

Burnaby_Joe*

Good luck tonight :) I have a feeling the Lucic Krejci Iggy line will give the Avs fits all night :rant:

I know it was awhile ago, but thanks for stomping the Nucks in 2011. I despise that team and most of their fans ;)

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
I'm gonna have to sleep through this one and not get it spoiled during my workday. This has worked fine for quite a while but I have a feeling the new swedish factor will complicate things. :cry:
Because Eriksson will score.
Edit: And Landeskog will be injured. Or stink.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Avs fan here, but after taking the cup from Vancouver (second most hated team) and absolutely destroying the morale of leafs fans (most hated team)..Boston has become one of my favourites. Like a lot of your players too. I won't mind a loss tonight just want a good game.

The key for the Bruins tonight is to get Jiggy moving from side to side with quick, short passes. He seems a little slow. If we get 3 penalties, you guys will get atleast 1 PPG. Really wish Varly was in tonight. Good luck.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The east may have the tougher guys, but i think the west has two of the scariest guys in the NHL (Bordeleau and McGrattan) - Hopefully Bordy doesn't knock Thornton silly.

I would love nothing more than to see Loui open the scoring early, and have Iggy follow it up. It's almost been a week since the last game the B's played, gotta get their feet under them quick because the Av's will likely be less rusty coming into this one.

Bruins win 4-2, Eriksson, Iginla x2 and Paille with goals for the Bruins, Duchene and Stastny for the Av's

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Avs GDT said that Ryan Wilson might be back tonight. IIRC he was the one who hunched his shoulders at Looch in one of the last games between these teams. Be interesting to see if Looch remembers, because Kyle Beach can attest that he does.

I remember that well. Of course, Wilson did it when there several players and linesmen in between them..coward.

I'm sure it's the type of thing Lucic has seen/heard a hundred times by now, so it's probably not a big deal to him anymore.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
The NHL schedule makers can kiss the furriest part of my ass

We had to wait until the third day of the season to get our first game . Then, after game two, we're waiting almost a week for game three. I'm so ready for tonight's game, it's not even funny

I don't understand why the bruins always seem to play fewer games than everyone else. It always seems like that every year and they always play catch up at the end of the season.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Bruins should control the puck, they are the better possession team but Colorado has the speed and quick hit offense to make what opportunities they get count. Have to watch odd men rushes.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Bruins should control the puck, they are the better possession team but Colorado has the speed and quick hit offense to make what opportunities they get count. Have to watch odd men rushes.

This is not the team you want to be facing after a week off and early enough into the season to not have rhythm down yet.

I think the Avs win tonight. Or make it REAL interesting otherwise.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Great GDT Ali, heres to a good one, and if anyone is going to score for the Av's let it be Parenteau, as I have him in my pool.

5-1 Bruins.

I want Giggy to get shelled for say 8 goals all scored/assisted by Iginla, Marchand and Krug. Then when Giggy gets pulled Varlamov comes in and makes about 50 saves. B's win of course but I needz mah pointZ!!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad