GDT: 10/10: FINALLY! Boston Bruins vs. Colorado Avalanche - 7pm ET - NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Parent and I have two kids to meet about. My wife is working on the Vinyard today so she wont be back on time to make it which leaves me.

Don't worry I will see the game from start to finish just not at the same time as all of you.

I too will be in PVR mode, I work in a restaurant with no TV:(

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Watched Leafs-Avs.

Duschene and his line are awesome. He humiliated Dion and Lupul a few times with his dangles and shiftyness. Let's see him try it against Bergy and Chara.

Shut that line down, kill the PPs and go head-to-head with the rest of the lineup.

Dion doesn`t need Duschene to humiliate him, he does that all on his own thank you very much:sarcasm:

Sorry, love taking shots at him...but your right, and if the B`s aren`t playing on their toes, he`ll do the same tonight.

Avs team has quickly taken on the identity of their coach

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Can't wait! Missed the Detroit game. Went to look at colleges with my son and stayed in NW Connecticut. The landlord had cable, but no NESN. :help: 10 miles from border with MA and he has no NESN. Travesty.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Can't wait! Missed the Detroit game. Went to look at colleges with my son and stayed in NW Connecticut. The landlord had cable, but no NESN. :help: 10 miles from border with MA and he has no NESN. Travesty.

What colleges? Sucks that there was no NESN. When my daughter (bleeds black and good) was looking for colleges she got a scholarship to a school in the Buffalo area of NY-she was all "Oh no, if I go there I will have to watch Sabres games"

My big worry for tonight is the team has been out of game action for 5 days-they may have some rust one their skates. If I were the Avs I would push hard those first 10 minutes or so and see if I couldn't take advantage of that.

I mostly worry about the Avs speed and forecheck. Bruins can play solid defense but speed seems to kill our team.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
ahhhh man the wait for this one has been excruciating. Now that its finally game day, 7pm feels like a week away.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Avs look dangerous. Lots of skill up front, & Varlamov thus far is sound in goal. Patrick Roy lit a fire in them with his bench tantrum, seems as if the players know he has their backs.

A quick goal tonight for the B's would be great. Rask better be ready, the Bruins defense will have a tough time handling the speed of the Avs forwards. Looking forward to watch the opposition tonight. Duschene Statsny Landeskog MacKinnon O'Reilly E.Johnson.. some serious talent on that team.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
What colleges? Sucks that there was no NESN. When my daughter (bleeds black and good) was looking for colleges she got a scholarship to a school in the Buffalo area of NY-she was all "Oh no, if I go there I will have to watch Sabres games"

My big worry for tonight is the team has been out of game action for 5 days-they may have some rust one their skates. If I were the Avs I would push hard those first 10 minutes or so and see if I couldn't take advantage of that.

I mostly worry about the Avs speed and forecheck. Bruins can play solid defense but speed seems to kill our team.

Looked at a couple - University of Vermont and Umass Amherst. Engineering schools specifically. My son is dead set on going back to New England, but it's just so expensive. We'll see what transpires.

I hate big breaks at the beginning of the season. New team members are trying to fit with the team and have less opportunity that I'd like.

Speaking of speed, I do hope that the younger D will have less trouble with that. Anyhow, excited to see the game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Looked at a couple - University of Vermont and Umass Amherst. Engineering schools specifically. My son is dead set on going back to New England, but it's just so expensive. We'll see what transpires.

I hate big breaks at the beginning of the season. New team members are trying to fit with the team and have less opportunity that I'd like.

Speaking of speed, I do hope that the younger D will have less trouble with that. Anyhow, excited to see the game.

My daughter is an engineering major at Northeastern-she also applied at Vermont. My oldest is at UNH (not an engineering major but her roommate is one).

I think Krug's speed will help and he isn't afraid of contact. Bart is probably IMO better at getting the puck out of the zone but I don't think Bart's going to play until somebody starts to really stink (more for Krug and Dougie-Indont think Quaider is getting sat) or an injury (and I don't want one of those).

I think this game is going to be a test for the B's.

SupremefartMachine

Oct 2, 2010
Vermont

Alright, my alma mater.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
My daughter is an engineering major at Northeastern-she also applied at Vermont. My oldest is at UNH (not an engineering major but her roommate is one).

I think Krug's speed will help and he isn't afraid of contact. Bart is probably IMO better at getting the puck out of the zone but I don't think Bart's going to play until somebody starts to really stink (more for Krug and Dougie-Indont think Quaider is getting sat) or an injury (and I don't want one of those).

I think this game is going to be a test for the B's.

We did look at Northeastern. I really liked the program and the campus. Plus, I know for a fact that my firm loves hiring kids from Northeastern.

Quite a turnaround by Avs. Dead last in the division last year. Honestly, I do not follow them at all, but the line-up looks very solid.

MaritimeHockeyNut

Rehabilitated Troll
Nov 26, 2010
Maritimes
well there goes the win... posting red soxs anywhere close to the Bruins game day thread... This game is cursed now... so disappointing...

and I was looking forward to this game too. Thanks... thanks a lot.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Go Bruins!!!!!!!

Today is going as slow as last Thursday....

I am so anxious for this game to start. I might miss the first few minutes or so-my boys have a soccer game and then will want to be fed (although considering pizza to avoid having to cook).

I think the schedulers just wanted to torture Bs fans with the long break at the very beginning of the season.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I am so anxious for this game to start. I might miss the first few minutes or so-my boys have a soccer game and then will want to be fed (although considering pizza to avoid having to cook).

I think the schedulers just wanted to torture Bs fans with the long break at the very beginning of the season.

Pizza pizzzzzza!!!

BrunzFan

Nov 8, 2005
Rhode Island

Well, it's worked. I'm nearly as anxious as I was before the Toronto series this spring.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Pizza is always a good choice when it comes to feeding hungry boys :nod:

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
watching the avs' game v. TO the other night i was totally impressed with their team speed... particularly the transition game. let's have a good one tonight boys!

and here's to repressing the memory of my NHL 2001 love affair with joe sakic's avs...:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->