GDT: 10/10/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Leafs defense is STILL not ready for prime time.....

Very happy to see the Bolts hang a 7-spot on a criminally overhyped Toronto squad. :)

It's very likely much better right now than it's gonna be next year. Unless they trade one of their money players.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Two things

1. You can tell Kucherov enjoys playing with Stamkos.

2. We are definitely losing Shattenkirk after this year. That's not exactly a bad thing, UFA's can look at Tampa as a place they can go and blow up their stats for big pay days the following summer. x2 if we actually show up to the playoffs this year and perform well.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The team played great! The hustle was there all night.

We are going to have a problem with this 4th line... It's an absolute mess.

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
Leafs fans tears taste almost as good good as Bruins fans tears.

Maybe a bit better after a good thumping.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
A lot of finger pointing at Babcock (and rightfully so), but if you listen to the Leaf players postgame, you heard a lot of non-answers. That's Tavares, Marner, Andersen, Matthews, and Rielly. I'm not sure if it's always like that because of the relationship they have with the Toronto media, but nobody could offer up an explanation of what happened specifically or articulate what needed to change. So is it you don't know or you just won't say? Either way, that's gotta be concerning.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Their goaltending wasnt great. I thought Matthew's was invisible outside of the goal, Marner was probably a net negative, and Rielly and Ceci were a trainwreck.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Their goaltending wasnt great. I thought Matthew's was invisible outside of the goal, Marner was probably a net negative, and Rielly and Ceci were a trainwreck.
So is the majority opinion that it was an off game for Toronto? We looked good but is that because we played significantly better (then our own previous games this season) or because Toronto played bad? Or, do we say “we made them play bad”? Does it differ (does the narrative change?) depending on whether your team won or lost?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So is the majority opinion that it was an off game for Toronto? We looked good but is that because we played significantly better (then our own previous games this season) or because Toronto played bad? Or, do we say “we made them play bad”? Does it differ (does the narrative change?) depending on whether your team won or lost?
Probably both.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I just gotta say I absolutely LOVED that cooper took a jab at Egocock after the Stammer/Point/Kuch line feasted on us last night.

Cooper is a great coach for today’s NHL. I don’t care that he got swept in the first round last season because he’s gotten far in the past, and it was more of a “bad week of hockey” last season.

Reactions: Maelmoor

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I just gotta say I absolutely LOVED that cooper took a jab at Egocock after the Stammer/Point/Kuch line feasted on us last night.

Cooper is a great coach for today’s NHL. I don’t care that he got swept in the first round last season because he’s gotten far in the past, and it was more of a “bad week of hockey” last season.

I think we would agree if we didnt see him get thoroughly outcoached in the same ways he was when we lost the last 2 in a row vs the Caps. In fact we actually had no business coming back in that series as the Caps just took care of us when it truly mattered.

I think Coop is a good coach in the league but is he the right guy for this team right now? Still remains to be seen. I think he gets his chance to redeem himself this playoffs but if we see more of the same then hes gone. Nobody would disagree. I mean he would have had all the time in the world to figure out how this team can beat a trap and heavier skilled teams. Cant wait to find out what happens. April is too far away.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Macho Man

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We've been trying to get over the final hump the last 4-5 years.

In the same time frame, the Leafs have just been trying to get to the 2nd round. They don't even know what's next.

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
It was great walking around Ottawa, Canada in my Stammer jersey and getting heckled by Leaf fans. I was reminded we got swept last year plenty of times today by petty leaf fans.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It was great walking around Ottawa, Canada in my Stammer jersey and getting heckled by Leaf fans. I was reminded we got swept last year plenty of times today by petty leaf fans.

Leaf fans have very little room to talk. Especially if they were doing that after last nights game.. :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad