GDT: 10/10/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The Leafs want to play the same game the Lightning do. No one can beat the Lightning at their game.

I was watching the Rays but I’m sure it was entertaining.

Reactions: DaBolts

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Only was able to catch part of it on radio. Sooooo incredibly glad Pointer is back!!! :vhappy:

He was a monster. The other two had an extra point each, but Point was probably our best player tonight.

First period was a little sloppy, but the skill came through. After that I really don't remember the game being too much in question. We just smacked them down.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Leafs want to play the same game the Lightning do. No one can beat the Lightning at their game.

I was watching the Rays but I’m sure it was entertaining.

Surely you can. You're just not gonna beat us when your #1 D and goaltender make Kevin f***ing Shattenkirk look like the second coming of Mario Lemieux

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Good final 2 periods keeping control and not letting the Leafs make it a shootout. Point's returning performance this game reminded me of Vasy's last December, also against Toronto.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Let's take a step back, love trashing the leafs but they haven't actually beaten anyone good this season. Year 4 and you can see why they can't make it out of the first round; no defense and awful on puck battles. first benchmark game of the season is against Boston next week.

Reactions: Hoek

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
What an amazing game to watch.
Entertaining and satisfying.

Bolts definitively got some on their swagger back tonight.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Gotta say, the only time Red Wing fans ever made any sense was when they told Toronto fans Babcock was an overrated coach only to have it shoved back in their face that he signed with Toronto. Good times :laugh:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Let's take a step back, love trashing the leafs but they haven't actually beaten anyone good this season. Year 4 and you can see why they can't make it out of the first round; no defense and awful on puck battles. first benchmark game of the season is against Boston next week.

True, but at the same time, after the fiasco in Carolina, it's just nice to see a team that looks engaged. In the 2nd and 3rd period we showed we can still shut down a good offense when we're motivated. To me, that's a better sign than the touchdown. Toronto decided not to play defense last night, and Andersen might as well have been on our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad