GDT: 10-08-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Karlsson has been a minus player since Methot left the Sens. He's below average defensively and Methot covered up so much of his defensive mistakes. He will give you 2 or 3 goals or assists a night when he's on but he will also give up 2 or 3 goals or assists on many nights.

He is playing with Vlasic who is pretty much Methot on steroids so that should help him out. And the last goal was an ENG from inside the Islanders blue line.

But offensively I foresee Karlsson's point totals taking a big hit this season. Everything the Senators did facilitated through Karlsson. It was his team, he was the man.

Not so much in San Jose.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Well, the Buffalo-commentator doesn't sound like he wants to die anymore. I can sense improvement. Just over the last minutes!

Reactions: hockeyes

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
You really think Buffalo on paper are a playoff team?

I mean I suppose they can have a good season but I don’t think they are good.

That’s not his point.

You haven’t watched them one game this season and call them “trash a**”

Now they can have a good season? In a league where almost every team is .500ish at least? That’s a big jump.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Ok, Sabres are still a bad hockey team?

Why don’t we give it 20 games not 2 and 1/2 before we even speculate on what they are?

They have a number one centre, Hutton has looked unreal, 42 saves on 43 shots now last game and was incredible... the defense improved as did the depth up front and back on forward. With a lot of d prospects on the way.

Not saying there good or even playoff bound but let’s not judge a book by their old cover, that does no one good in today’s nhl.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Vegas Golden Knights is looking like an expansion team.

Yeah, and then the high picks in Buffalo looks talented. It is all very -weird.

Good for Buffalo. Not so good for Vegas.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, that Smechnikov will get the Calder, ha. Refering to the intermission-entertainment here, sorry if it is off-topic :naughty:

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
He is playing with Vlasic who is pretty much Methot on steroids so that should help him out. And the last goal was an ENG from inside the Islanders blue line.

But offensively I foresee Karlsson's point totals taking a big hit this season. Everything the Senators did facilitated through Karlsson. It was his team, he was the man.

Not so much in San Jose.
He should be even better in sj then no? Hey I hope he works out for you. I'm not upset he left in the least. Only upset in the return if he signs in San Jose. However for a 1 year rental, Sens made out fine. If sj misses the playoffs, Sens collect sj lottery first round draft pick this year as well.

Last edited:

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Why don’t we give it 20 games not 2 and 1/2 before we even speculate on what they are?

They have a number one centre, Hutton has looked unreal, 42 saves on 43 shots now last game and was incredible... the defense improved as did the depth up front and back on forward. With a lot of d prospects on the way.

Not saying there good or even playoff bound but let’s not judge a book by their old cover, that does no one good in today’s nhl.
Until they prove otherwise they are trash. For too long they have been absolute garbage wasting everyone’s time.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Pachioretti just spiraled to get that penalty? Embellishment?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
He should be even better in sj then no? Hey I hope he works out for you. I'm not upset he left in least. Only upset in the return if he signs in San Jose. However for a 1 year rental, Sens made out fine. If sj misses the playoffs, Sens collect sj lottery first round draft pick this year as well.

I'm not a Sharks fan, but a slightly concerned Karlsson owner in my fantasy hockey league...

Reactions: SensFactor

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Until they prove otherwise they are trash. For too long they have been absolute garbage wasting everyone’s time.

That’s why they changed half their team, got a first overall pick for the first time since 87 and their star player has been out for a quarter of the season in two of the last three years. No doubt they have been trash though.

Plus it looks finally they have competent goaltending.

I’m glad Lehner for a shutout in his debut but he got some shutouts here too, he had personal demons which he’s come public For and I wish him nothing but the best.

Reactions: sabremike

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
That’s why they changed half their team, got a first overall pick for the first time since 87 and their star player has been out for a quarter of the season in two of the last three years. No doubt they have been trash though.

Plus it looks finally they have competent goaltending.

I’m glad Lehner for a shutout in his debut but he got some shutouts here too, he had personal demons which he’s come public For and I wish him nothing but the best.
It’s nothing personal man, but people been hyping Sabres with Eichel and all and had nothing to show for it. I gotta see them do something before I respect em.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
It’s nothing personal man, but people been hyping Sabres with Eichel and all and had nothing to show for it. I gotta see them do something before I respect em.

I’m not taking it personal, that’s why I haven’t been arguing with you and been giving compliments out as well as agreeing with you. That wait and see is fine by me so let’s do that wait and see rather then calling a team crap at the start of the year. By the way eichel who has 125 pts in his last 131 games and could still get more today has been the furthest thing from the reason. Same way barzal wasn’t the reason the islanders missed or Tavares wasn’t the reason the islanders missed almost every year.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Man I hope Eichel stays healthy. Such a beast.

Also, Pominville is still in the NHL? Learn something new everyday.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Carter Hutton might be the first St. Louis goaltender to not have been a complete product of their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad