GDT: 10-08-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Feels like SJ carries play a lot and can't quite turn it into goals in their games.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Watching 165 minutes of the Sharks play, feels like they don't have many scoring threats.. Pavelski is slow, Couture line not very effective, Suomela-Donskoi don't have much finish.. And im sure EK/Burns will find their groove but they haven't been that close to putting one in the net.

Kane with 2 great individual efforts along with Hertl solo and Meier lucky deflection the only goals they've scored so far.. Basically not much sustainable offense to talk about.

What i find concerning is if the Joe's aren't a big factor later on in the season this team won't be effective enough up front to do anything. Pavs looks like he's 38 and you can't trust Jumbo to stay healthy at this point. Sharks don't have enough assets left to trade for a high profile forward without losing roster players.

On top of that, im not convinced Suomela is going to bring a good 3C level production to the table. And this year they don't have Tierney. Sharks could have a real problem down the middle.

So basically, i had my question marks about the forward group going into the season and so far i think it might even turn out worse than i thought. But it's still early obviously.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Barzal and Bailey both with 3 PP points in 3 games. I wouldn't be surprised if both end up with 40 PP points by season's end

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sharks look like a classic team who's struggling to be motivated in the regular season. When they turn it on, you can tell they're the better team.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Sharks look like a classic team who's struggling to be motivated in the regular season. When they turn it on, you can tell they're the better team.
they havent play poor the 1st 2 games. no puck luck. cant seem to score

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Why when you can leave the goalie unscreened for a glove save?
Sure thats one way.

Another way is blocking the shot. Hence why Columbus has such a torrid power play, most teams just clog the lanes and block the shots.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rakell henrique terry
Comtois steel silfverberg
Cogliano lundestrom sheerwood

5 of our top 9 are nhl rookies, terry leading way with 5 games of nhl expiernce.. so much for a healthier season

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
why are there games happening so early in the day on a weekday?

NHL trying to be like MLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad