OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
I'm gonna be in SF from 8-13 Jan and likely will be taking in games vs CBJ and Dallas.

whats the best way to get tickets for those game? And how about transportation from and to SF? do HFers ever meet for beers before games?

I haven't met anyone for a beer. Or a game. Or been to a game for a while. I've definitely had beer recently though.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
So speaking of beer and a game, anyone have any luck getting the Sharks on TV at a great beer spot... say, Smoke Eaters on Almaden? Trying to line up a backup option due to parents' TV issues.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
'tis the season, so it's time to watch the greatest christmas movie ever

for the record, the second greatest christmas movie ever is Muppet Christmas Carol

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
And in a couple of hours I'll be on the road home. Hopefully things will have improved, but there are construction choke points with miles of one lane that will back things up. Hoping today is good for travel with many trucks at "home" for the weekend.

polmaniac932

Mar 25, 2006
San Jose
www.youtube.com
Went to the Icon theater at Valley Fair last night and happened to run into David Pollack as he was exiting the theater. Really nice guy, seemed a bit surprised to be recognized. Told him we miss him on the beat trail.

Also noteworthy that this was during the Sharks game :)

For the record, he liked Knives Out, but said he wouldn’t call it “great.”

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Went to the Icon theater at Valley Fair last night and happened to run into David Pollack as he was exiting the theater. Really nice guy, seemed a bit surprised to be recognized. Told him we miss him on the beat trail.

Also noteworthy that this was during the Sharks game :)

For the record, he liked Knives Out, but said he wouldn’t call it “great.”

I'd call it great. It was way better than Star Wars 9 at least.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

He did a ton for the NBA and, through osmosis/copying the sporting landscape in general. And as much as people crap on Gary Bettman, the NHL has benefited from his tenure as commissioner, which all started with him as a Stern disciple in the NBA.

The only thing that's a black mark for me with David Stern was that he enabled the debacle that was the relocation of my Vancouver Grizzlies to Memphis, and was quoted some years later saying something to the effect of the way the Vancouver market got treated was a black mark for the league that he was ashamed of, but because of the way everything went down, he had doubts the league could ever go back to Vancouver. Which is a whole lot of nonsense (the italicized part, I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad