OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If someone thinks it's my charm in starting gdts that results in wins, no can do 11/1.

I'm on the road and leaving my computer home.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I have completed my Miyazaki watch and it was a delightful experience. I don't think I could really rank them from best to worst numerically, but I definitely got some tiers.

Tier 1 (Da Best):
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Ponyo

Tier 2 (Really Like These):
Castle in the Sky
Castle of Cagliostro
Porco Rosso
The Wind Rises
Kiki's Delivery Service
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Tier 3(meh but I see the charm):
My Neighbor Totoro

Tier 4 (Sucks):
Howl's Moving Castle

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I have completed my Miyazaki watch and it was a delightful experience. I don't think I could really rank them from best to worst numerically, but I definitely got some tiers.

Tier 1 (Da Best):
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Ponyo

Tier 2 (Really Like These):
Castle in the Sky
Castle of Cagliostro
Porco Rosso
The Wind Rises
Kiki's Delivery Service
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Tier 3(meh but I see the charm):
My Neighbor Totoro

Tier 4 (Sucks):
Howl's Moving Castle

Probably didnt fit in your criteria since he was only a screenwriter, but I enjoyed Arrietty.

Do a Laika binge next. Spoilers, Coraline and Kubo are God Tier, and Missing Link is garbage DreamWorks tier.
I've been meaning to watch Paranorman. Been on my DVR for like a year. Maybe this weekend.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Probably didnt fit in your criteria since he was only a screenwriter, but I enjoyed Arrietty.

Do a Laika binge next. Spoilers, Coraline and Kubo are God Tier, and Missing Link is garbage DreamWorks tier.
I've been meaning to watch Paranorman. Been on my DVR for like a year. Maybe this weekend.
Yea I enjoyed Miyazaki so much that I plan on getting to Takahata and the couple of one offs. I really want to get to Whispers of the heart. I'll look into Laika after, I don't think I've ever seen any of their movies.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Instead of finally watching Paranorman on my day off this week, I decided to binge on the final season of Adventure Time. Pretty solid season, though the finale was underwhelming.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Reminder... if you have a YouTube channel, you need to set intended audience (kids/non-kids) due to new lawsuit settlement.

Emails sent out recently explaining why the change needs to happen.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The last "epic" games I played were Yukon Trail (my relatives are two characters in the game) and Myst. And that was about 4 computers ago.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
It's infuriating to see multiple LA Kings sweaters and no teal in sight on the NHL float at the Thanksgiving Day Parade.

At least I got a good laugh when they introduced "NHL legends Eddie Olczyk... and Dominic Moore."

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I chanted this is sharks territory at the LA King’s and Bailey at the Rams game. They were not pleased.

edit: phone autocorrected kings to kongs lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: slocal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->