OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Finally had the time to go through a bunch of games I missed out on way back when. Almost done with Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, which lives up to all the hype.
I ended up playing a whole bunch of smaller point and click adventures that I've been putting off. It's been a good time. Bloodlines is one I've been meaning to get around to too.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I ended up playing a whole bunch of smaller point and click adventures that I've been putting off. It's been a good time. Bloodlines is one I've been meaning to get around to too.

Yea I've been trying to get more into point-and-clicks as well. I've been running through Harvester with a few friends, and after that I'm gonna go through Blade Runner and maybe I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I'm f***ing sick and tired of breaking game controllers. Been doing it since the Atari 2600 and I'm f***ing fed up with controllers made for tiny, 2000-calorie-a-day humans... RIP two f***ing xbox controllers today. Both bought six months ago and only get a couple hours a day worth of use. FFS

Reactions: slocal

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Story time:

One of my best friends' brother had a brain tumor very young, and he was a huge classic rock fan, and especially EVH. Somehow word got to Eddie, and he sent a signed guitar and a record to him, and gave him a call to wish him well. Unfortunately my friend's brother passed not long after that, but I'll always remember that from Eddie. Class act.

Mar 1, 2002
I've been here a long time, so I hope it's ok that I pass along that my mother passed away yesterday. She was a hockey fan, fan of all sports, really. She helped me develop my love for sports and would drive me to all my practices. She would walk to the upper deck of old Chicago Stadium in the 50's and 60's to see the Hawks, arena full of smoke. 8 months pregnant with my sister, she and my dad would go to games. She preferred other sports to hockey, but we still talked hockey. She liked Jumbo (which makes it REALLY weird that he left the same day) and Irbe and Sandis and Nolan. But more than that, she was just amazing and she will be missed by many.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I've been here a long time, so I hope it's ok that I pass along that my mother passed away yesterday. She was a hockey fan, fan of all sports, really. She helped me develop my love for sports and would drive me to all my practices. She would walk to the upper deck of old Chicago Stadium in the 50's and 60's to see the Hawks, arena full of smoke. 8 months pregnant with my sister, she and my dad would go to games. She preferred other sports to hockey, but we still talked hockey. She liked Jumbo (which makes it REALLY weird that he left the same day) and Irbe and Sandis and Nolan. But more than that, she was just amazing and she will be missed by many.
I’m sorry for your loss.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I've been here a long time, so I hope it's ok that I pass along that my mother passed away yesterday. She was a hockey fan, fan of all sports, really. She helped me develop my love for sports and would drive me to all my practices. She would walk to the upper deck of old Chicago Stadium in the 50's and 60's to see the Hawks, arena full of smoke. 8 months pregnant with my sister, she and my dad would go to games. She preferred other sports to hockey, but we still talked hockey. She liked Jumbo (which makes it REALLY weird that he left the same day) and Irbe and Sandis and Nolan. But more than that, she was just amazing and she will be missed by many.[/QUOTE

She raised on heck of a good man in you, spin.

My thoughts are with you.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

That's terrible to hear, Spin. You have my sincerest condolences.

It's good to see that you have some fun, treasured memories to look back on at a time like this. If anything will help you get through this, it will be the ability to reminisce about those times and smile.

And for whatever it's worth if you need anything, I'm here for you. Metaphorically speaking since I am across the continent. But you know what I mean. :)

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005

My condolences.

From what I've experienced on the boards, she raised a good kid and that's a testament to how great she was.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach

my condolences spin

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Really sorry to hear that Spin. The good memories are what is the most important thing in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->