OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I wonder just how different this franchise would be had that been the case, hell for that matter a standard expansion draft team.

The draft had 3 legitimate candidates for 1st overall, in hindsight such as in a sim game, but not only would the Sharks have been different with Lindros, later trade or not, the entire NHL would be different if Flyers and Nords do not have a trade to make

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
hLmEYvM.jpg

What a strange post

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
The draft had 3 legitimate candidates for 1st overall, in hindsight such as in a sim game, but not only would the Sharks have been different with Lindros, later trade or not, the entire NHL would be different if Flyers and Nords do not have a trade to make

The Sharks got screwed out of that pick too, they were assigned the 2nd overall pick during the split of the North Stars because the league wanted Lindros to go to an established franchise. They got further screwed the following two seasons when the new expansion teams got to pick ahead of them even though the Sharks were historically bad.

The whole first couple of seasons is a lesson in how to not do expansion into new cities, the Sharks were held back from the very beginning by the league and the product on the ice showed it.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Grant was responsible for one of late night tv's best things ever: he built Geoff Peterson, the robot skeleton sidekick of Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show

This is terrible and tragic news. 49 is way too young and anyone dropping dead of a brain aneurysm out of nowhere is terrifying and heartbreaking.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
This is terrible and tragic news. 49 is way too young and anyone dropping dead of a brain aneurysm out of nowhere is terrifying and heartbreaking.

Happened to a friend's mom when we were kids. She was a nutritionist and fitness guru, couldn;t have been more healthy. :(

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Love that we can read his articles without a paywall. Hedburg's praise for Jones doesn't really surprise me though, can't imagine him actually saying otherwise.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Love that we can read his articles without a paywall. Hedburg's praise for Jones doesn't really surprise me though, can't imagine him actually saying otherwise.
I'm a little disturbed that Hedberg believes that there was no major differences between 2020 Jones and 2016 Jones.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
sigh.

My cable co has decided to update internet from about 9pm until 8am every night.

Frustrated as I do work online until late many nights.

And kills my security cameras, Alexa controlled devices. My computer often switches wifi networks trying to get online (disconnecting me from printer).

Frustrated.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
sigh.

My cable co has decided to update internet from about 9pm until 8am every night.

Frustrated as I do work online until late many nights.

And kills my security cameras, Alexa controlled devices. My computer often switches wifi networks trying to get online (disconnecting me from printer).

Frustrated.
What does 'update internet' mean?

Are they upgrading infrastructure to get better speed/quality? How long will this last for?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Upgrading to allow more bandwidth. Too many folks "home" using internet.

I've been having issues for around a month. A few weeks ago, I was having issues "all day, every day" (could hardly connect as it was so intermittent) for about two weeks straight. Seemed to have been resolved circa 7/23. And then Sunday it was out all evening. And Monday night until late Tuesday morning (closer to noon that dawn).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->