OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The Case of the Velvet Claw (1st PM book) was originally published in 1933.

From the description and reviews on Amazon I cannot pinpoint the date it's set.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Anyone want my Game of Jones bobblehead? I've never opened it. Its free, just pay shipping.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

(content warning)

:05....holy cow (10 people were killed in the explosion, I wonder if the person at the window could have been one)

:18.....that looks like a video game

:31...amazing wave.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Any guitar players here? Been looking at Dual Rectifiers for years now and finally decided to take the plunge.

Reverb is a blessing and a curse.

Uhhhhh....YES.

Prices on them have been fluctuating a lot. I bet they're due for another dip, especially after July (when unemployment is slated to revert back to normal). You looking for a 2, or a 3-channel?

I've played on two and felt like a god.

Last edited:

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Uhhhhh....YES.

Prices on them have been fluctuating a lot. I bet they're due for another dip, especially after July (when unemployment is slated to revert back to normal). You looking for a 2, or a 3-channel?

I've played on two and felt like a god.

So here's the thing - I actually bought a 3-ch the other day for 1k. The guy messages me an hour or so later telling me he was getting some weird phasing issue and just decided to refund me. Ok fine, wish he would've tested before he listed, but no big deal. Here's the kicker - Reverb refunds take up to a week to process.

In the time since, I have seen a Rev G and a Trem-O-Verb pop up and sell. That G sold for 875. Couldn't go in on either because I haven't seen my refund process yet. I'm so mad.

Preferably I'd like a G, but I'd be fine with a 3-ch. I talked with a buddy of mine about buying his Rev F, but I don't think I'd be able to give him enough to pry it from him.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
So here's the thing - I actually bought a 3-ch the other day for 1k. The guy messages me an hour or so later telling me he was getting some weird phasing issue and just decided to refund me. Ok fine, wish he would've tested before he listed, but no big deal. Here's the kicker - Reverb refunds take up to a week to process.

In the time since, I have seen a Rev G and a Trem-O-Verb pop up and sell. That G sold for 875. Couldn't go in on either because I haven't seen my refund process yet. I'm so mad.

Preferably I'd like a G, but I'd be fine with a 3-ch. I talked with a buddy of mine about buying his Rev F, but I don't think I'd be able to give him enough to pry it from him.

That is agonizing! I hope the seller is legit about the issue and not just looking to sell it higher (unlikely).

Have you tried talking to a Reverb CSR? They might be able to help out. They want their cut of the sale, so you telling them that you are looking to spin that refund into a purchase might speed things up or give you a loophole.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
That is agonizing! I hope the seller is legit about the issue and not just looking to sell it higher (unlikely).

Have you tried talking to a Reverb CSR? They might be able to help out. They want their cut of the sale, so you telling them that you are looking to spin that refund into a purchase might speed things up or give you a loophole.

Seeing as I bought it as the price he was asking for, over the others who had put offers up, I don't think so. I did tell him to let me know if he figured out what was wrong and that I'd still be interested.

I haven't talked to anyone yet; I'm just gonna wait until it goes through. It's nothing time-sensitive right now. I still have my block letter 5150 to keep me company right now, plus my buddy's VHT Pittbull 50/CL. I've just been wanting a Rec for a few years now, being a big Mike Einziger/general 90s alt-metal fan. I already have the PRS to go with it.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Seeing as I bought it as the price he was asking for, over the others who had put offers up, I don't think so. I did tell him to let me know if he figured out what was wrong and that I'd still be interested.

I haven't talked to anyone yet; I'm just gonna wait until it goes through. It's nothing time-sensitive right now. I still have my block letter 5150 to keep me company right now, plus my buddy's VHT Pittbull 50/CL. I've just been wanting a Rec for a few years now, being a big Mike Einziger/general 90s alt-metal fan. I already have the PRS to go with it.

Gotdamn, that's some gear your got.

What was the phasing issue? Was it showing up only when using the loop?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well I am now officially and HF old timer since I got that old timer award. :laugh:
1160408.jpg

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Well I am now officially and HF old timer since I got that old timer award. :laugh:
I worked at a company where you were presented a cane on your 40th birthday. You were expected to keep it in your office/cubicle until you passed it on to the next person turning 40. At 50, they had a walker. At 60, a wheel chair. Your post made me remember that...just thought I’d share.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Bought Hockey Franchise Manager 6 and started as GM of the Sharks inaugural season, the game gives you the 1st overall pick

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Bought Hockey Franchise Manager 6 and started as GM of the Sharks inaugural season, the game gives you the 1st overall pick
I wonder just how different this franchise would be had that been the case, hell for that matter a standard expansion draft team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad