OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I got Pfizer in December and the second shot definitely hit me, but resolved in about 36 hours. Parents both finished their Pfizers last month and had the same reaction.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
The first Pfizer messed me up a bit. My arms hurt and my head was hurting. I think part of it was because I went back to work the next day and didn't drink a lot. I didn't have an issue with the second shot but I took ibuprofen right away and drank a lot of water.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Got Moderna on Monday, first shot, my arm was sore AF for about a day and a half. My gf's second Moderna gave her a bit of a fever but that went away after about 6 hours and her arm was sore for about a day and a half as well. Buddy of mine got the J&J last Friday and he didn't have any ill effects at all. Probably a placebo, he didn't find that funny for some reason.

Reactions: WTFetus

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Got Moderna on Monday, first shot, my arm was sore AF for about a day and a half. My gf's second Moderna gave her a bit of a fever but that went away after about 6 hours and her arm was sore for about a day and a half as well. Buddy of mine got the J&J last Friday and he didn't have any ill effects at all. Probably a placebo, he didn't find that funny for some reason.

It wasn't a placebo. It was just that the Google tracking microchip malfunctioned.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Getting Moderna tomorrow. The only thing I'm iffy on is hanging around inside a building for 15 minutes or more.
My wife had Moderna. I was vaccinated through my health care provider, Sutter Health. They had a very large post vaccination area with sets of 2 chairs spaced out a good 10-12 feet from each other. Plus they had 2 doctors walking around making small talk with people just in case. If the site you go to is set up like mine was then you shouldn’t worry.

Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
My wife had Moderna. I was vaccinated through my health care provider, Sutter Health. They had a very large post vaccination area with sets of 2 chairs spaced out a good 10-12 feet from each other. Plus they had 2 doctors walking around making small talk with people just in case. If the site you go to is set up like mine was then you shouldn’t worry.

That's what I would have liked to happen. Sounds very safe.

It's at a Walgreens, unfortunately. Much quicker to get an appointment through them than the county. I'm hoping that since people are there to take the vaccine, they won't be screwing around with social distancing and will be wearing their masks right.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
That's what I would have liked to happen. Sounds very safe.

It's at a Walgreens, unfortunately. Much quicker to get an appointment through them than the county. I'm hoping that since people are there to take the vaccine, they won't be screwing around with social distancing and will be wearing their masks right.
I got my first vaccine (moderna) at a cvs, basically they had a couple "booths" then when you finished they had a row of chairs spaced apart for observation. I didn't feel unsafe. Going back for my second one this Friday

Reactions: slocal

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I can't get vaccinated yet because lolCanada, but I took my mom for her first shot this afternoon and we ended up going to, in the most Canadian setup ever, the local hockey rink which has been converted into an immunization center since the WHL has all its play in small divisional bubbles.

Pretty sensible setup with like 15 stations for vaccination each 8-10 feet apart and then a cordoned off wait area afterwards with chairs all set up at what would be ice level if there was ice down.

But hey, at least I got to look at what my seats look like from ice level. :laugh:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My first vax was at HS gym. After getting shot, sat in stands for 15 minutes (and scanning QR to go to website to schedule second shot). (Gave everyone a timer.)

Second vax was at JC. They had a side hall set up with separated chairs. Clocks around, but no timers.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Went up to Sacramento for mine through a UC Davis thing. It was some big auditorium space but also kinda crowded with how much was going on. They had everybody double mask and booths were like 10 ft apart. Still got in and out in 20 minutes.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
181086923_270041148231660_4441700224782119095_n.png

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
You'd think the covid/work from home thing would drive down demand. I guess rich peeps still gonna rich tho.

From what I understand because of the ultra low interest rates for home loans (and partly due to covid, people trying to downsize) it's a sellers market for houses under 750K but over that it's a total buyers market.

Though according to my Canadian sister from another mister, it's even worse up there.

Reactions: landshark

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My nephew is trying to buy house in PHX area, keep getting beat out on price.

My niece bought in SD County, had to go through a lot of hoops to get that.

RIP

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Considering a move back to North America. Thailand is headed for doom and that makes it harder for foreigners to keep and find new jobs.

I think i want to live west coast and would prefer yearly warm weather. I'm thinking Bay Area, San Diego, Portland, Seattle, etc.

Sell me on your cities!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
@tiburon12 take a look at the cost of living comparisons. Median house price will give you an idea of the cost of buying a place.

Seattle has a lot of rain and folks often complain of the lack of sun.

You might also consider Arizona and southern Nevada -- warm/hot spring-fall, but can be cold in the desert winter. (Or find two places and change with the seasons?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->