OT: 10,000 Pt XLIII - The Ultimate Raw Deal (or LS's House of the Dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
NIZb.gif

Dr. Malcolm was right, but dinosaurs are just too cool.

Reactions: Lebanezer

Levie

Mar 15, 2011

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Honestly looks less like a hate crime and more like a road rage incident where the driver happened to be Asian. Stuff like this happens a lot. A guy gets cut off then follows the driver and confronts them. Both situations shouldn't happen though.
It definitely could be. If I notice someone is following me or feel like I’m followed I drive a weird route to confirm it. If so, I go towards the closest fire or police station. That often deters them lol. Luckily much of that hasn’t happened since I was a kid.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Real OT stuff here:

In America or Canada, do hotels give free wifi? business hotels or things like Marriott, not motel 6 or whatever.

last time i was home and stayed at a hotel i was shocked that they charged for wifi, wondering if that's still the case

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Real OT stuff here:

In America or Canada, do hotels give free wifi? business hotels or things like Marriott, not motel 6 or whatever.

last time i was home and stayed at a hotel i was shocked that they charged for wifi, wondering if that's still the case

It depends on the chain/hotel. I'd say most probably do, but you'll get some that do charge. It's been 5 or 6 years since I stayed in a hotel and that was in Seattle when I was down to watch some baseball. I've stayed at 2 different hotels in the same area there near the airport and one did offer free wifi while the other one (which was, surprisingly, the slightly more upscale one) charged.

Same deal when I was in San Jose years ago. I stayed at the Arena and they had free wifi while waaaay back on one of the last Infestation bus trips I stayed for a couple days at the Hotel deAnza and they not only were going to charge for internet access in my room until I complained that the package I had said it promised free access, but said internet access was actually corded via ethernet cable. it turned out they only offered free wireless service in their bar/lounge area.

Ironically I can't speak to Canada because the last time I stayed at a hotel here was probably on a school trip when I was in high school and at that point wifi wasn't really a thing yet.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Real OT stuff here:

All Marriott affiliates in California do, at least all the ones I've been to in NorCal, SoCal, and the Central Valley. Some of the bigger Marriotts (8+ stories) have a fee unless you booked the registration as a rewards member, but registration for that is free on their website anyway.

The regular chain Fairfield/Courtyard/Townplace/Springhill/Residence Inn Marriotts all have free wifi, either flat out for everyone within proximity of the building, or all guests (just need to input your last name and room number).

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
interesting. So times seem to have changed. it came to mind since a client processed a expense for wifi at a US hotel. $50 for 8gb for a week.

Here in Asia, even a small guesthouse will have free wifi

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Real OT stuff here:

I travel quite a bit. These days, most hotels have free WiFi.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
cool, thanks. Just curious, is that a recent thing?
Not really. Back when hotels were first installing WiFi, some were charging for it or only giving access if you signed up for their rewards program. However, it’s been pretty much standard for quite a while now.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist

Was in the park this Saturday with friends. This came on via whatever music app they were using and it's been stuck in my head since. I've recently taken to replacing "knock on wood" with "smoke some crack" when singing along with it in my head. No offense to our HF crack smoking community, of course.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I watched Chungking Express for the first time this weekend and I think Wong Kar Wai is now one of my favorites directors.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
So apparently the NHL app is useless while traveling for work.

That or I’m somehow in the St. Louis, LA, Anaheim and Las Vegas media markets all at once.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So apparently the NHL app is useless while traveling for work.

That or I’m somehow in the St. Louis, LA, Anaheim and Las Vegas media markets all at once.
You gotta do fake gps stuff too when you're using the app to watch games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad