OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
That is a real good price on that PRS. Wow!

Yea it's still a good deal of money, but I had to jump on it. It's a 2001 sunburst, with the old tops, before the CEs got sharpened off like the SEs (ew). The original owner also replaced the 5-way rotary with a Gibson toggle, which I prefer anyway.

I was looking at the Custom 24s, but I found out one of my favorite guitarists (Alex Lifeson, Rush) actually preferred the CEs because of the bolt-on neck. It's definitely brighter than any other humbucker guitar I have. It's the exact opposite of my ~2003 SG.

Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Yea it's still a good deal of money, but I had to jump on it. It's a 2001 sunburst, with the old tops, before the CEs got sharpened off like the SEs (ew). The original owner also replaced the 5-way rotary with a Gibson toggle, which I prefer anyway.

I was looking at the Custom 24s, but I found out one of my favorite guitarists (Alex Lifeson, Rush) actually preferred the CEs because of the bolt-on neck. It's definitely brighter than any other humbucker guitar I have. It's the exact opposite of my ~2003 SG.

Oh, for sure it's a bug hunk of money! The good thing is that it's what you wanted, and that you're pretty much guaranteed to see it increase in value to you and the market.

Rush fan, huh?

That lets me post one of my fave clips:

Thank yewww.

Reactions: Pavelski2112

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Barclays Center charged $7.50 for probably a 16 ounce soda. Wtf...

I got two of those and a 20 something ounce soda in a souvenir cup. So, I spent almost $30 on soda alone. I hate going to sporting events sometimes.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
My brother lost a bet with one of his co-workers (They faced each other in the playoffs in my dynasty fantasy hockey league, and the co-worker won.). My brother now has to eat three habaneros at work.

:biglaugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just a heads up...

If you have the MLB channels on the same channels as the NHL channels, you can get Center Ice for the next week or so since Extra Innings has a free preview starting Thursday.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
That is going to be AMAZING live.

f***ing hell, it will be!

If they don't make it to North America, I'm going to make sure to hit up Europe during their tour. My dream would be to see them play live in Nimes. Few live performances can hold a candle to them, imo.

QqRyAGn.jpg

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The other day I had to perform the Heimlich on my son because he was trying to inhale his dinner instead of chewing it. I don't know how I'm so calm and collected in those situations, but if I'm on the way home and I forgot to stop at the store a couple blocks in the opposite direction I'll lose my shit in an instant.

Everybody should go take a cpr course. It literally can save the lives of those you care about. And even those who you'd like to see grow older and more miserable.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
The other day I had to perform the Heimlich on my son because he was trying to inhale his dinner instead of chewing it. I don't know how I'm so calm and collected in those situations, but if I'm on the way home and I forgot to stop at the store a couple blocks in the opposite direction I'll lose my **** in an instant.

Everybody should go take a cpr course. It literally can save the lives of those you care about. And even those who you'd like to see grow older and more miserable.
When I was in high school I had to Heimlich my baby brother in the back of a minivan on the freeway. He had swallowed a hard candy and was starting to turn purple. In my experience, situations like that everything else is tuned out and you get an extreme focus and clarity.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
When I was in high school I had to Heimlich my baby brother in the back of a minivan on the freeway. He had swallowed a hard candy and was starting to turn purple. In my experience, situations like that everything else is tuned out and you get an extreme focus and clarity.
Yeah, for sure.

I'm glad we were both knowledgeable and got the job done.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You know what is worse than working a 12-hour shift on a Saturday?

Working a 12-hour shift on a Saturday and having your car broken into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->