OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Still would be a good idea to ask. Integrity and all

I’m just hoping this ends sooner than later and am glad at least that we should get backpaid for this. Considering calling out and working from home since it’s costing me more to drive there and back
ATC guys lowkey keep this country's economy afloat. My company would probably have to stop production if we couldn't get parts in from suppliers.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I know NATCA is furious, and I’ve seen a couple of the controllers posting their $0 paystubs on Twitter. It’s hitting us all in every department. I’m in systems engineering and basically me and two other guys are now on call 24/7 in addition to normal work lol. The controllers are now on 6 day work weeks too.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
New Mario game for the Switch is a little rehashed but sick all the same. Bummer you can't play online. Wish "Mario Party" was playable online, too. And, "Mario Kart" is about everything I ever wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Ethical question here:

I think...I THINK I received 2 bonus checks from my company. I was told it was going to be a large one as the company has a good year and we were just purchased by a much larger company. So the first one was deposited, and it was large, not LARGE, but large. Two weeks later, another check was direct deposited into my account. It was larger than the 1st one.

.....do I ask?

I totally forgot our company policy of "use it or lose it" vacation time changed to "use it or get paid". :)

ETA: I found out because I DID call accounting to check. :)

Last edited:

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
My kid plays both Ultimate and Melee. He's 16. Goes to Oakland to the EA Sports Arena to compete as well as a few smaller ones in Concord and Dublin. Good thing he gets straight A's cuz thats all he does...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I don't know if I could ever justify paying that much for one but man do I want one. Even then, i feel like I'd be too scared to drink it
That's the worst part about all those bottles, when you pay that much you just don't want to drink it. It's crazy how much Scotches, Japanese Whiskeys etc. can cost. The secondary market is what ruins Bourbon. Pappy 10's MSRP is something like $89 but everyone sells it for $300+. Same with the BTAC, all those bottles are supposed to be $90. I've sort of gravitated towards Bourbon because you can still find places that don't sell things at secondary market prices, and on those few occasions it's very gratifying to find it and not pay out your ass. I also don't feel bad about opening something I paid a good price for.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Geez... I don't pay nearly that much for my rare beer bottles. That said, I still have been saving most of them to try to open up on special occasions / with special acquaintances / after additional aging (the varieties which benefit from it rather than deteriorate).

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Geez... I don't pay nearly that much for my rare beer bottles. That said, I still have been saving most of them to try to open up on special occasions / with special acquaintances / after additional aging (the varieties which benefit from it rather than deteriorate).
To be fair, once you open a beer, you gotta drink it all. Whiskey can last a couple years once opened. I have a friend who is a huge beer collector and he’s got tons of bottles just chilling in a storage unit. It’s kind of weird, but he’s very generous so I’ve gotten to try some cool stuff.

Reactions: drunksage

jabelskey

JAX, FL - SHARKS WATCH ANYONE?!
Nov 27, 2018
Going to TAMPA for the game tomorrow and just wondering if anybody has been @ an away game there and what it’s like?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hi folks. Dont know where else to post this so forgive me if its wrong place.
My oldest son recently relocated to Dublin Ca. Hes going to attend the Presidents Day game against the Bruins. He grew up being a huge Thornton fan as well as a Worcester Sharks fan when the AHL team was here.

Where can he go for a pregame meal and beers with his friends? ( all are new to the area).
Any after game suggestions?

TIA....

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Johnny Oduya is coming back to Bangkok to play in some of our league games next week, though unfortunately, since the team i'm on is in 1st place, i'll probably have to play against him 2 games in a row....

will be awesome nonetheless

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My oldest son recently relocated to Dublin Ca. Hes going to attend the Presidents Day game against the Bruins. He grew up being a huge Thornton fan as well as a Worcester Sharks fan when the AHL team was here.

Where can he go for a pregame meal and beers with his friends? ( all are new to the area).

TIA....

Henry's Hi-Life

Reactions: Gee Wally

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area

TIA....

Poor House Bistro - Cajun food and live Blues...

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California

Reminds me of this:
funny_cold_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad