Confirmed with Link: 1 year/$1.25M for Matt Bartkowski

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
bart is a UFA after this season, so wonder how much we could actually get for him.

I tought we would know that answer at the draft.

Maybe there is something we don't know about McQuaid that make them hold to Bart a little longer...

We all know that at least 1 of Boychuk-Seindenberg-Bart-McQuaid will leave before game 1. Will be surprise if it ain't Bart...

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
I really really don't get the hate here. Bartkowski is an excellent 3rd pairing D man at 1.25 million. Even matched with Seids on the 2nd line he'd do just fine... I'm glad he re-signed.

what player on the bruin's NHL or AHL squads would you rule out as a guy who could play on the 3rd d pair? 3rd d pair might as well be no d pair. there's always somebody that could play 12 minutes and not be completely embarrassing. i don't see much upside with bartkowski. at least we don't know the other guys in providence aren't any good yet.

Last edited:

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
I really really don't get the hate here. Bartkowski is an excellent 3rd pairing D man at 1.25 million. Even matched with Seids on the 2nd line he'd do just fine... I'm glad he re-signed.

Looks like Chiarelli is quite pleased with Bartkowski's year.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=30559

"He’s still relatively young. I thought that when Dennis Seidenberg got hurt, he was able to come in and play some real solid minutes," said Chiarelli.

"He’s the type of player that can really push the puck well. A lot of people remember the couple of blips in the playoffs, but he gave us very good service during the course of the year with Seidenberg out, and it’s a tough position in the League, defense, and there are nuances that the’s still learning and I expect him to continue to improve."

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

"He’s still relatively young. I thought that when Dennis Seidenberg got hurt, he was able to come in and play some real solid minutes," said Chiarelli.

"He’s the type of player that can really push the puck well. A lot of people remember the couple of blips in the playoffs, but he gave us very good service during the course of the year with Seidenberg out, and it’s a tough position in the League, defense, and there are nuances that the’s still learning and I expect him to continue to improve."

great stuff, been saying this the whole time. GO BART!!!!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Oh those comments will stir it up good and proper here:laugh:

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i don't know why they would. were people expecting chiarelli to tell everyone how bad bartkowski is?

"no really guys. i mean, talk about taking 1.25 million dollars and throwing it down the ****ing drain."

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
i don't know why they would. were people expecting chiarelli to tell everyone how bad bartkowski is?

"no really guys. i mean, talk about taking 1.25 million dollars and throwing it down the ****ing drain."

Brooks Orpik, first thing that came to mind when I read this, still shaking my head at 5+ mill for that pilon

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010

Chia is working on his sales pitch as we speak.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
what player on the bruin's NHL or AHL squads would you rule out as a guy who could play on the 3rd d pair? 3rd d pair might as well be no d pair. there's always somebody that could play 12 minutes and not be completely embarrassing. i don't see much upside with bartkowski. at least we don't know the other guys in providence aren't any good yet.

That's the crux. There is a skyscraper jump from third pair mins to second.

I don't see a lot of guys that could do that now...maybe in the future...but not right now.

I've always liked the idea of seeing what McQuaid can do as the number 4. Not commit to it, but just see. But from every indication from his time here, the Bruins don't seem interested in even the thought.

While I haven't really noticed the "doom and gloom" around a Seids/Boychuk pair, so many people not only around here, but in the media note it - that I gotta give it some credence...

Can Hamilton play with either Boychuk of Seidenberg? The other guy could play with Chara easy.

I really gotta feel Miller/Krug is D3. Everything points it...

So, there ya go.

Bart or McQuaid as a 7th D? Ehh.

I'd rather it be Warsofsky at a savings.

I would think both McQuaid and Bart are trade-able. They def have value to somebody.

...Just a waiting game.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's the crux. There is a skyscraper jump from third pair mins to second.

I don't see a lot of guys that could do that now...maybe in the future...but not right now.

I've always liked the idea of seeing what McQuaid can do as the number 4. Not commit to it, but just see. But from every indication from his time here, the Bruins don't seem interested in even the thought.

While I haven't really noticed the "doom and gloom" around a Seids/Boychuk pair, so many people not only around here, but in the media note it - that I gotta give it some credence...

Can Hamilton play with either Boychuk of Seidenberg? The other guy could play with Chara easy.

I really gotta feel Miller/Krug is D3. Everything points it...

So, there ya go.

Bart or McQuaid as a 7th D? Ehh.

I'd rather it be Warsofsky at a savings.

I would think both McQuaid and Bart are trade-able. They def have value to somebody.

...Just a waiting game.

I just can't see Warsofsky as the #7 defenseman. The only player on the roster he can fill in for would be Krug. I would have to think Trotman would be in front of him.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

That D I gave Chiarelli in the other thread for this off season grade just became an F. Caron and Bartkowski, keys to success

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I, seems like, for one, like the signing. If he's traded remains to be seen and, IMO, depends on Krug signing/being traded. Any ideas on what Krug is asking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad