Confirmed with Link: 1 year/$1.25M for Matt Bartkowski

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH

Since we're here and we're on the subject anyway:

How would people feel about a Bartkowski - Seidenberg pair?

I guess the biggest question is, why? Is it rhetorical?

Hamilton, Krug, McQuaid/Miller paired with Chara, Seids and Boychuck. Why would anyone want to consider Bartkowski other than a in a trade?

Stay-at-home paired with PMD sounds like a good idea, but given Bart's penchant for making a bad decision at a very inopportune time, not sure why the team would want to consider it. I guess I don't.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
If I was a gambler I'd wager $20 on Boychuck being here at the start of the season.

No saying that the Bruins will trade him tomorrow. I just don't see where the guy fit on the cap if the team plan to re-sign Krejci and Looch.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I really can't see them moving Boychuk until mid-season, but stranger things have happened....I hope he stays period. He isn't that old and he is very, very valuable to this team. Unfortunately Ufa equals gone to me...

were are you going to trade him too come mid season?

if he isn't signed, he's a playoff rental.

if we really think we are a cup contending team, do you trade one of your better players to a playoff rival?????

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
It's gotta be the offseason !!!

:help::help::help::help:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am not saying I want the bruins to move Boychuck, just think there will two Defensemen traded by the end of training camp Bart and another

I have no idea, but Warsofsky's name has been floated as well. Perhaps Bart -- whom the Br's have attempted to move twice -- and Warsofsky in a deal for a legit right wing.

Just spitballin'.

I do hope Johnny Rocket remains a Bruin. Too many discount what he does, and the leadership he apparently brings.

People keep wanting to trade Chris Kelly, of whom I'm fan, Adam McQuaid, or both. I say keep them *if healthy*, which we won't know until the season actually begins. Either way, the best bate is Bart, Warsofsky or, as Docshole suggested, unconvertable center Spooner for a real right wing via trade.

It will probably be a rather quiet two months, given all the variables. Chia recently stated trades, etc. would likely occur before training camp begins, however.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I have no idea, but Warsofsky's name has been floated as well. Perhaps Bart -- whom the Br's have attempted to move twice -- and Warsofsky in a deal for a legit right wing.

Just spitballin'.

I do hope Johnny Rocket remains a Bruin. Too many discount what he does, and the leadership he apparently brings.

People keep wanting to trade Chris Kelly, of whom I'm fan, Adam McQuaid, or both. I say keep them *if healthy*, which we won't know until the season actually begins. Either way, the best bate is Bart, Warsofsky or, as Docshole suggested, unconvertable center Spooner for a real right wing via trade.

It will probably be a rather quiet two months, given all the variables. Chia recently stated trades, etc. would likely occur before training camp begins, however.

I agree with your post I can see Warsofsky moved as well he is considered NHL ready but no room in Boston

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
If Bart is sticking around say goodbye to Boychuk. Ugh, that would be a kick in the balls.

You can say that again. The Boychuk -> Bart on D2 talent drop off is like falling off a cliff. Playoff warrior -> playoff faceplant.

A single move that would do serious damage.

I gotta think Boychuk will be back...or they will look for a talented 4th defenseman from outside to replace him at a savings. Tall order, there.

But I'm almost coming around to exploring that option, if the cap demands it. Reliable 4th D at 1.5 million or less? Dollar store steak tough. Work, Chia.

But, no. It ain't Bart. We already made that huge bet and came up snake eyes. No mas.

I agree with your post I can see Warsofsky moved as well he is considered NHL ready but no room in Boston

Or, he could be the 7th D in Boston at half the price of McQuaid.

I love McQuaid as much as anyone, but when we're discussing moving Boychuk to save a couple pennies...it's not looking good for 'Quaider over a kid to sit upstairs.

Chia said Warsofsky is as ready as anyone in PROV. So make the next step...and pocket the 800k...

Last edited:

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
It wasn't Barts fault the Bruins only scored 1 goal in the last 2 games against the Habs.

Sure he is no superstar by any means, but when you ask a young #5-#6 guy to play top 4 minutes, the mistakes are going to come out.
It was Bart who stick checked Paille instead of Weise on the game 7 opening goal. lol

I think an arbitrator would have given him more. something north of 1.5m.

That being said, I think Bart was in over his head playing top 4 minutes. he isn't as bad as many make him out to be but i do think it's time to move him. and fwiw i think Miller was the worst Bruins dman vs the Habs.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Pc is a cruel s.o.b. He doesn't see some of us being tormented to no end here. Do something PC, would you?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I guess the biggest question is, why? Is it rhetorical?

Hamilton, Krug, McQuaid/Miller paired with Chara, Seids and Boychuck. Why would anyone want to consider Bartkowski other than a in a trade?

Stay-at-home paired with PMD sounds like a good idea, but given Bart's penchant for making a bad decision at a very inopportune time, not sure why the team would want to consider it. I guess I don't.

Just trying to open to possibilities. I don't think it would be a bad pairing. And Seidenberg - Boychuk HAS been a bad pairing.

77bestever*

If Bart is sticking around say goodbye to Boychuk. Ugh, that would be a kick in the balls.

This is never going to happen......Lets put the Boychuck will be traded stuff to bed already. I been reading that a lot here....It is simply not gonna happen....

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It was Bart who stick checked Paille instead of Weise on the game 7 opening goal. lol

I think an arbitrator would have given him more. something north of 1.5m.

That being said, I think Bart was in over his head playing top 4 minutes. he isn't as bad as many make him out to be but i do think it's time to move him. and fwiw i think Miller was the worst Bruins dman vs the Habs.

The thing is, Bartkowski was handling playing top 4 minutes and sometimes top 2 minutes on the team and playing well when given that role. He was exposed and made some dumb mistakes in G7, but he has a better track record of playing well when given the minutes than playing poorly with them.

I do agree that our blueline is crowded right now, but Bart's new deal is a good investment for the Bruins. He's a decent trade chip with a cheap contract who just put up a decent first full season in the NHL OR they can keep him in the case there's another injury or in the event Krug outprices himself here with his new contract.

Last edited:

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
No saying that the Bruins will trade him tomorrow. I just don't see where the guy fit on the cap if the team plan to re-sign Krejci and Looch.

Both of those re-signings will have cap implications the year after (as their current deals will be used for the upcoming season) - I think some of this year needs to be played out business-wise in order for the NHL to gauge what the cap could be the year following.

There are a lot of variables to be determined by that time. A big one would be how the D perform this coming season. It stands to reason that if Boychuk stands out as one of the top D on the team, they'll pay the price to keep him.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
The thing is, Bartkowski was handling playing top 4 minutes and sometimes top 2 minutes on the team and playing well when given that role. He was exposed and made some dumb mistakes in G7, but he has a better track record of playing well when given the minutes than playing poorly with them.

I do agree that our blueline is crowded right now, but Bart's new deal is a good investment for the Bruins. He's a decent trade chip with a cheap contract who just put up a decent first full season in the NHL OR they can keep him in the case there's another injury or in the event Krug outprices himself here with his new contract.

bart is a UFA after this season, so wonder how much we could actually get for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->