1. round picks that were listed in 3. round or even lower

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Derek Morris and Jesse Ninnimaki(sp) are the two players that came to my mind first.

There is not an emoticon in the world to describe that pick. Completely off the board overager taken 15th overall, has to be one of the biggest draft fails on this century.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
There is not an emoticon in the world to describe that pick. Completely off the board overager taken 15th overall, has to be one of the biggest draft fails on this century.

In his defense I gotta say that he's an incredibly talented guy with great puck skills. If I've understood correctly he's had some attitude problems and BRUTAL injuries that almost ruined his entire career. Things could've turned out quite differently :) I do agree though that 15th overall is completely ludicrous and he was never even close to making an nhl career

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Niinimaki was the 50th(?) ranked EURO skater...

When the oilers picked him no one knew who the hell he was

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
I'm guessing it's because you have to be pretty exceptional to bump anybody down the depth chart your first year of college. Also, he's got pretty good size to build on still - it's way too early to say he's not a solid pick.

That, and he was injured half of the year and even missed the WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad