GDT: #1|NJD's@Pen's|Wicked Puppets Trying To Break The Silence|10/3-7:00PM(CEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can't recall ever seeing Malkin really get burned on the point. Certainly not as much as Letang.

I think Geno's reach helps him a lot there, he's 6'3" and Letang is generously listed at 6'. But yeah, I never feel safe seeing Letang at the point and have him fumble the puck, you just know a shorthanded goal is coming when that happens.

I'm hoping Jacques is a HUGE influence on him.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think Geno's reach helps him a lot there, he's 6'3" and Letang is generously listed at 6'. But yeah, I never feel safe seeing Letang at the point and have him fumble the puck, you just know a shorthanded goal is coming when that happens.

I'm hoping Jacques is a HUGE influence on him.

This is really why you should not have the quarterback at the point.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This is really why you should not have the quarterback at the point.

I would rather see Letang at the half board on the left side, Martin or Niskanen on the point, it would be a different look. Not sure which unit, if you want Letang on the 1st unit, then it would be with Kunitz and Crosby and you put Niskanen and another guy on the point with Letang the left winger on that line. Kunitz crashes the net, Letang left side board, Crosby right side board. It might finally force Letang to shoot more often.

Mostly though, I want to see Beau get a goal tonight and Bortuzzo flatten Jagr a few times and watch him get up off the ice slowly.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would love to see a line-up like this if Neal isn't available today.

Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis
Jokinen, Malkin, Bennett
Jeffrey, Sutter, Kobasew
Glass, Vitale, Adams

Orpik, Martin
Scuderi, Bortuzzo
Maatta, Niskanen

Lemieuxfan

Oct 12, 2006
Cologne
let's hope for a strong season opening. I want to see us kicking their *****...but it will get really difficult, NJD isn't a bad team...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
If Letang makes me nervous at the point Niskanen stops my heart. Niskanen really shouldn't be anywhere near the PP. 4 forwards and Letang and Martin is all we need. He hurts more than he helps.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Schneider playing behind NJ's system is going to be a *****.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would rather see Letang at the half board on the left side, Martin or Niskanen on the point, it would be a different look. Not sure which unit, if you want Letang on the 1st unit, then it would be with Kunitz and Crosby and you put Niskanen and another guy on the point with Letang the left winger on that line. Kunitz crashes the net, Letang left side board, Crosby right side board. It might finally force Letang to shoot more often.

Mostly though, I want to see Beau get a goal tonight and Bortuzzo flatten Jagr a few times and watch him get up off the ice slowly.

That would work.

--------------Kunitz----Sid

Letang------------------------Geno

----------------Martin/Niskanen

Geno's the QB.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If Letang makes me nervous at the point Niskanen stops my heart. Niskanen really shouldn't be anywhere near the PP. 4 forwards and Letang and Martin is all we need. He hurts more than he helps.

The sad thing is, Nisky has a better one timer from the left circle than our #1D does. But it's still goofy not to have our only skilled RHS forward in Bennett there. Especially with Neal possibly out.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The sad thing is, Nisky has a better one timer from the left circle than our #1D does. But it's still goofy not to have our only skilled RHS forward in Bennett there. Especially with Neal possibly out.

Only so many spots and players you can have on the PP, I would love to see him be the driving force on the 2nd unit, the 1st unit will have the familiar faces, I think Letang being where I would put Beau is better on that 1st unit. On the 2nd unit...

Beau would be floating on the left half boards and slot, Sutter down low creating havoc in front of the net, Dupuis on the right side waiting to blast his slap shot and then you can put whomever on the point, given the personnel right now that is healthy, maybe Maatta on the left point and Martin on the right point.

En Liten Pingvin

Dec 22, 2010
Tampere
THE JOURNEY STARTS TONIGHT!

LET'S GO PENS!

I have feeling Jokinen will score game winning goal. This is the best (and last) chance of his life to play A-level superstar centerman like Malkin and I'm pretty sure he will use that opportunity.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wish Geno could just be like what Ovie is to the Craps PP. Just skating around through the zone finding the open spot and waiting for a one timer. It works for AO8, why can't it work for Geno?

While I love Malkin's shot, he's not the sniper Ovechkin is and I don't hate Ovy at all, Ovy's wrist shot is as hard as most players slap shot, it's a treat to watch when he's sniping like his old self, just not against us.

Malkin has a booming slap shot, no doubt and it is one of the better ones in the league, but his wrist shot isn't as deadly as his slap shot. You want a guy in that kind of mode to have that kind of shot and slap shot at his disposal. Usually for us, that's Neal. I like Geno as the guy that steps in from the blueline and just lets an absolute cannon go, like Sarge used to or comes in from the side boards into the slot and fires off a slap shot, either making a defender wonder why he's too dumb to not get out of the way or a goaltender question being a goaltender against players like him.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Only so many spots and players you can have on the PP, I would love to see him be the driving force on the 2nd unit, the 1st unit will have the familiar faces, I think Letang being where I would put Beau is better on that 1st unit. On the 2nd unit...

Beau would be floating on the left half boards and slot, Sutter down low creating havoc in front of the net, Dupuis on the right side waiting to blast his slap shot and then you can put whomever on the point, given the personnel right now that is healthy, maybe Maatta on the left point and Martin on the right point.

The 1st unit could really use a guy who can create on the left side. The 2nd unit can be QBed by Juice.

Florentino Ariza

Sep 21, 2009
Washington DC
While I love Malkin's shot, he's not the sniper Ovechkin is and I don't hate Ovy at all, Ovy's wrist shot is as hard as most players slap shot, it's a treat to watch when he's sniping like his old self, just not against us.

Malkin has a booming slap shot, no doubt and it is one of the better ones in the league, but his wrist shot isn't as deadly as his slap shot. You want a guy in that kind of mode to have that kind of shot and slap shot at his disposal. Usually for us, that's Neal. I like Geno as the guy that steps in from the blueline and just lets an absolute cannon go, like Sarge used to or comes in from the side boards into the slot and fires off a slap shot, either making a defender wonder why he's too dumb to not get out of the way or a goaltender question being a goaltender against players like him.

Oh yea, and expanding on your point about the unique strength of Ovechkin's wrist shot -physically the dude is a freak. He's just got so much power in his wrist and his upper body in general that Malkin will never have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->