GDT: #1|NJD's@Pen's|Wicked Puppets Trying To Break The Silence|10/3-7:00PM(CEC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Its that good.

It's still within a week. Not cool.

Nobody is arguing quality, it's the greatest show on TV since The Wire and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who will say otherwise. I'm just saying the statute of limitations on spoilers is significantly longer than 4 days.

Anyway, carry on. Further spoils will result in a slap fight. Hockey tonight. Yay. Go Pens.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I'd love to see Vitale on 1B. In slightly related news, I hope this tropical storm doesn't knock out my power for Saturday.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
It amazes me how Glass is still on the team when you have players like Sill, Uher, Payerl and PL3 (yeah, I know that PL3 is signed to a minor-league deal) in WBS. Dan Bylsma and his bias towards under-sized Ivy-league veterans.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
It amazes me how Glass is still on the team when you have players like Sill, Uher, Payerl and PL3 (yeah, I know that PL3 is signed to a minor-league deal) in WBS. Dan Bylsma and his bias towards under-sized Ivy-league veterans.

Uher and Payerl havn't showed enough yet. I would like to see Sill in over Glass.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, I can tell that by your posts, IcedCapp. :laugh:

IN HINDSIGHT, MAYBE NAMING MYSELF AFTER A CAFFEINATED, FATTY DRINK WASN'T A GREAT IDEA.

but I'm not changing it. Not for you. Not for Kirk. Not for BYLSMA. Not for no ones!

Sorry

May 18, 2005
If you haven't seen it by now, then shame on you for 6 weeks.

There's only a finite amount of time I can spend watching TV shows these days. So to get into a show that is already well into it's run, or has finished it's run, is tough despite how many people tell me to watch. There's only two shows I follow that are still running, South Park and Boardwalk Empire, and I didn't have the time to watch either during their airtime this week.

My girlfriend and I did have time to restart DBZ and get to Vegeta and Nappa arriving this week, though. :laugh:

But let's be honest, the odds of Breaking Bad being anywhere close to as good as DBZ are slim to none.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
There's only a finite amount of time I can spend watching TV shows these days. So to get into a show that is already well into it's run, or has finished it's run, is tough despite how many people tell me to watch. There's only two shows I follow that are still running, South Park and Boardwalk Empire, and I didn't have the time to watch either during their airtime this week.

My girlfriend and I did have time to restart DBZ and get to Vegeta and Nappa arriving this week, though. :laugh:

But let's be honest, the odds of Breaking Bad being anywhere close to as good as DBZ are slim to none.

krillin-dies-o.gif

Spoiler. :sarcasm:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't watch much non-sports TV at any point in the calendar year, but two shows have grabbed me and haven't let go the last two years: Game of Thrones and The Newsroom. Both steeped in awesomeness for very different reasons. The first is like football. The second is like baseball. If you like the subtle nuances of these sports, you'll like the contrast of these two shows. The key though is both are ridiculously well-written and have some of today's best acting in it.

OK back to b!tching about the Pens.

Pinkerton613

Oct 17, 2008
Devils are going to surprise a lot of people this year with how good they are. They have a well balanced top 9 there. I'm calling for them to upset the Pens without Letang.

Schneider is a legit top 10 goaltender as well IMO.

163.gif

Great game day thread as well (Ugene Malkin). Good luck this year Pens fans.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Walt kills Dumbledore.

unless the newsroom has gotten better in the second season, it was pretty unwatchable when i tried it out. just watch the west wing

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Little worried about the lengthy layoff between the last pre-season game til now.
Hope Neal plays.

TheStinger

Non Omnis Moriar
Mar 30, 2009
Barcelona, Catalunya
www.facebook.com
Is it just me or does everyone get a little scared with Malkin on the point in the PP? He is a great shot and passes the puck well, but defensively, he will get burned so much by quick thinking forwards jumping into the passing lane. He just doesn't work hard enough to get back on defence.

Or am I being too harsh on him? I like Geno, just not there. Put him down low and have Jokinen or someone else in the other D spot.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I can't recall ever seeing Malkin really get burned on the point. Certainly not as much as Letang.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't get really wound up about the young players playing or not. I do feel pretty bad for Dustin Jeffrey sometimes though. They won't play him most of the time but they also won't let him go. He's probably going to feel like he's escaped from jail when he finally gets out of here. :laugh:

This, I've only wanted DJ to be traded because I know he will be a damn solid player once he's given more of an opportunity. I think he could produce better than Letestu has for the Jackets, but god forbid Bylsma gives him a proper opportunity. I like Kobasew, but I would have loved to see a 3rd line of Jeffrey, Sutter, and Bennett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad