GDT: #1 NJ Devils at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7pm, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semak

Let the games begin!
jerseysteam2.jpg

2013 NJ Devils' Season
6577331691_01aa04a1a3_z.jpg

Preview: After an offseason of some surprises and forward lines turn over, the New Jersey Devils' '13-'14 season is here. After three years of test driving a sports car offence, NJD finally got a flat. So they dropped the jack and said screw it, we're going back to what got us here in the first place...
Faevv7Yzvt1dfGd9dfrnIMNf6mn_qjAJTIKpJVonp40nQ1b27wYu7jAKjg0LbpBByExE=w300

...to score some goals.

NJ Line-Up(unofficial; subject to change and annoy us all)
Ryane Clowe-Patrik Elias-Damien Brunner​
Adam Henrique-Travis Zajac-Jaromir Jagr
Dainius Zubrus-Andrei Loktionov-Michael Ryder
Ryan Carter-Stephen Gionta-Steve Bernier
Rostislav Olesz-Jacob Josefson-Mattias Tedenby

Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky
Andy Greene-Adam Larsson
Anton Volchenkov-Peter Harrold
Mark Fayne

Cory Schneider
Martin Brodeur

Penguins Line-up:

1st Line--->14 C. Kunitz|87 S. Crosby|9 P. Dupuis
2nd line--->36 J. Jokinen|71 E. Malkin|19 B. Bennett
3rd line--->15 T. Glass|16 B. Sutter|12 C. Kobasew
4th line--->17 D. Jeffrey|46 J. Vitale|27 C. Adams

DEFENSE

1st pair--->4 R. Scuderi|2 M. Niskanen
2nd pair--->44 B. Orpik|7 P. Martin
3rd pair--->3 O. Maatta|41 R. Bortuzzo

GOALIES

29 M.A. Fleury​

According to most "experts", NJ must reach high...​
medium_martyno1.jpg

...so Patty says,

lol2nm.gif

...so...

mills-lane-lets-get-it-on.jpg

(apologies if someone making one, but since no GDT was posted I just whipped this up so we can have one;))

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Finally get to hear the new goal horn. (Err. Sigh. It's 8AM. So at least I have an excuse).

Oh and see this team. That's nice too.

My work day is going to go at a snail's pace today.

Last edited:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Can't wait for tonight !!!!

I'll be watching with a couple of pens fans (a true fan and a true hack), so I just hope we'll come out strong. Is Fayne definitely a healthy scratch over Harrold?

NC107*

I am looking forward to the opening game tonight.

Pittsburgh is a scoring machine with two of the best players in the NHL in Crosby and Malkin. I think it will be a tough game for the Devils I expect Schneider and the defense to do well but the offense has Elias who has been out, then Jagr may have some rust and the lines haven't developed any chemistry with the mixing of players that has gone on during the pre season.

I am hoping for and will be surprised if the Devils win.

Go Devils

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We can definitely take this game from the Pens. Outside of Crosby and Malkin, their lineup is paper thin with the injuries to Neil and Letang.

We just have to try and contain both studs and we'll be alright. It's easier said then done but I'm confident that with all the depth we have in our top #9 plus a very efficient 4th line and the better netminder... we'll manage to rack up 2 pts after 60 minutes.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Here's what I got from the Pens board (who are being real dicks with CG BTW... but that was kind of expected unfortunatly).

DEFENSE

GOALIES

29 M.A. Fleury
If this lineup is going to give us any kind of trouble, we're in for a long year cause it's pretty brutal. It's funny how everyone around the league is saying that we'll struggle this year when we have massive depth everywhere up front while the Pens are being crowned as legit cup contenders when Bennett and Jokinen are 2/3 of their 2nd line.

* Granted, James Neil will be on that 2nd line but still, I'm not all that impressed and you know Crosby will get injured somewhere down the line.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
pumped for tonight.. even more pumped for tomorrow nights home opener... and did i read someone said were getting a new goal horn?

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Here's what I got from the Pens board (who are being real dicks with CG BTW... but that was kind of expected unfortunatly).

DEFENSE

GOALIES

29 M.A. Fleury

Ya isn't it great? =/

Good thing Josh Yohe, a pens beat write, is real nice and is communicating with me instead. That is why I don't go off our boards too often.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Here's to getting the ball rolling and beating the Pens at their home opener. The team needs to mesh quickly and start fast.

Semak

If this lineup is going to give us any kind of trouble, we're in for a long year cause it's pretty brutal. It's funny how everyone around the league is saying that we'll struggle this year when we have massive depth everywhere up front while the Pens are being crowned as legit cup contenders when Bennett and Jokinen are 2/3 of their 2nd line.

* Granted, James Neil will be on that 2nd line but still, I'm not all that impressed and you know Crosby will get injured somewhere down the line.

Ya isn't it great? =/

Good thing Josh Yohe, a pens beat write, is real nice and is communicating with me instead. That is why I don't go off our boards too often.

Good job men and thanks for going on the frontline. Extra cup of rum for both of ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->