Prospect Info: #1: Jack Hughes (C): Fired Up Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
wood has the puck way too much for someone of his limited creativity. feels like one the puck comes to him he just one ways it to the net or around the net and nothing opens up. hughes is not the right linemate for him at all and it should have been obvious from the first game they were together

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Leading by example is more important than vocal leadership, which is vastly overrated. Think about where you work, do you get motivated by a co-worker giver a big ra-ra or fire and brimstone speech or do you just roll your eyes and move on?

This. Even though you do have tp have a good balance of the two.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I like to see the intensity from Hughes, but yeah, learn to pick your spots. Blocking shots on a 30th place team in November isn't a great idea.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I’d honestly send him to the wjc just to boost his confidence. It’s going to be dark times in jersey especially when hall gets traded

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It’s gonna be a pretty tumultuous rookie year for him. Coach fired, friend and top player traded, probably more guys traded...welcome to the show.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
After his rough first few games, Jack has shown he belongs in the NHL. His underlying numbers have been good.

His point totals, while not flashy, have not been bad either.

I get we all wanted to see him at the top of rookie scoring, but the reality is with how this team has struggled to score it wasn’t meant to be.

Reactions: deflowd and glenwo2

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
After his rough first few games, Jack has shown he belongs in the NHL. His underlying numbers have been good.

His point totals, while not flashy, have not been bad either.

I get we all wanted to see him at the top of rookie scoring, but the reality is with how this team has struggled to score it wasn’t meant to be.

They are bad. Very Bad. I am not sure how to see it any other way....
Please convince me otherwise. I would really like to believe this isn't a problem.

He is on a 32 point pace now. I am honestly not sure how that can be viewed as anything but disaster?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Please convince me otherwise. I would really like to believe this isn't a problem.

He is on a 32 point pace now. I am honestly not sure how that can viewed as anything but disaster?

Disaster is a strong word. Disappointing sure. Do you think a poor point total this season means he won’t create offense as he matures? This season has been a mess on so many levels I’m not sure it’s worth worrying about the 18 year old rookie who hasn’t really found chemistry yet with anyone who might be able to bury some of his feeds. He’s primarily a playmaker and the team doesn’t really have a good trigger man for him. Palms is scrappy and shoots but seems to play and think a different game from Hughes. I don’t see anyone else as a genuine shooter other than maybe Gusev who didn’t mesh with Hughes when they tried that. Maybe you can try that again and see if both have improved enough to play well at least against lower lines.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

He is on a 32 point pace now. I am honestly not sure how that can be viewed as anything but disaster?
Staal Stamkos Kucherov Kuznetsov Parise Draisaitl Kessel Karlsson Thornton Nash Gaborik Marchand etc etc etc etc etc all with first seasons well below .5 ppg. They turned out fine.

Jack will be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad