Prospect Info: #1: Jack Hughes (C): Fired Up Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Oiler fan... just curious.. is there any sort of backup plan for Hughes if he's not really ready for the show? Where would he play?

I know I wish our team sent a few guys down when they werent ready.

Pretty sure he's going to light up the Oilers just because I posed the question :help:

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Oiler fan... just curious.. is there any sort of backup plan for Hughes if he's not really ready for the show? Where would he play?

I know I wish our team sent a few guys down when they werent ready.

He was drafted out of the US Development team, so he can go to Binghamton in the AHL.

If by game 35-36 they are already well on the outside looking in and looking at trading Hall they should probably send down Hughes to save a year of service time towards free agency. But that is a long way off.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
He was drafted out of the US Development team, so he can go to Binghamton in the AHL.

If by game 35-36 they are already well on the outside looking in and looking at trading Hall they should probably send down Hughes to save a year of service time towards free agency.

Ah.. i didn't know that. Thanks

Reactions: MessierII

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Do you guys think Hughes will spend entire season on the Devils?

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
he looks good and getting better each game but man am i excited about 3-4 years from now

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think he looks good so far . I was expecting him originally to light it up right off the start but he has been improving each game . I think he needs to slow down his game at certain times and use his speed and skating ability a bit different than what he was used to . Distance the pace a bit more instead of 100% speed all the time and let plays develop a bit more

Reactions: Ginger Papa

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think he looks good so far . I was expecting him originally to light it up right off the start but he has been improving each game . I think he needs to slow down his game at certain times and use his speed and skating ability a bit different than what he was used to . Distance the pace a bit more instead of 100% speed all the time and let plays develop a bit more
I agree, but when guys are coming at you faster then you have ever seen, it's not so easy.

I also thought he would come out firing, but I shouldn't be surprised that there is an acclimation period.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
How has Hughes been playing? What are the reasons he hasn't produced a point yet?
Team sucks and no one is finishing his setups. He can easily have 1 goal and 3 primary assists by my count but they didn’t go in or it was stopped on a save of the year candidate (see Hart and Bobrovsky). He will be fine, the talent is there and he is improving each game. The points will come, I am not worried about him. I’m worried about the coaching and our D.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Team sucks and no one is finishing his setups. He can easily have 1 goal and 3 primary assists by my count but they didn’t go in or it was stopped on a save of the year candidate (see Hart and Bobrovsky). He will be fine, the talent is there and he is improving each game. The points will come, I am not worried about him. I’m worried about the coaching and our D.

thanks

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Like posters have already said, I think a lot of it is :
1.Confidence
2. Adjusting to faster pace and limited time and space
3.High expectations and very competitive that he is trying to do too much

He has looked better each game and has a ton of skill.
I’m not worried about his ability at all and in time he will be a stud.
Just frustrating that him Bratt , Hall , Nico , Subban , Gusev all looked like studs in preseason and previous play that I was expecting an offensive powerhouse of a team and it’s been the complete opposite so far

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
If the devils had someone like a Jordan Eberle (maybe not exactly him but someone who can score goals at will), Hughes would have some assists by now. It's very difficult for an 18 yr old to completely dominate and just take over a game. Not everyone is McDavid, in fact basically almost no one is lol.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Hughes playing on the 1st line tonight with Hall and whoever else they decide to put on the RW - sink or swim baby.

I think he's going to have a monster game.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If the devils had someone like a Jordan Eberle (maybe not exactly him but someone who can score goals at will), Hughes would have some assists by now. It's very difficult for an 18 yr old to completely dominate and just take over a game. Not everyone is McDavid, in fact basically almost no one is lol.
I think we have seen that Hughes needs to have some guys willing and able to win puck battles on his wings. Zacha Hughes Simmonds was very good together even if they didn't put points on the board. Gusev Hughes whoever has been awful.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->