1 hour of ice, 1 hour of office cardio, 1.5 hours of weights too much?

Akhockeyguy

May 6, 2013
So I've got about 4 weeks until tryouts and I was wondering if this would be too muc to do for that 4 weeks. We have ice 4-5 times a week up until the tryouts start (1 hr 15 minutes each). Have weights 4 times a week at an hour a time. That's what I currently am doing. Was thinking of adding an hour of weights 3 times a week, and an hour of off ice cardio maybe 5-6 times a week. Would tha be too much? I want to be in the best shape possible in 4 weeks. If it helps, I've been on the ice an hour and 15 minutes a day 5 days a week since the beginning of August and been doing an hour of weights 4 times a week since the end of August.

TheWauth

Oct 1, 2012
So, let me get this straight. You're doing
5 hours on the ice
7 hours of weight training
And 6 hours of cardio each week?

That's way too much, your body needs time to recover. At the rate you're going, you're gonna be burnt out by the time tryouts start. I'm going to assume that because you had to ask this you don't know much about off-ice fitness (which is fine, everyone starts somewhere) but I can't imagine you doing 7 hours of weight training without spending a bunch of time on stuff that isn't all that useful for hockey; i.e. Stuff for aesthetics

I'd cut everything you do in half, and work in an hour of yoga 2-3 times a week

jazzykat

Mar 10, 2013
Yoga is awesome. Improves flexibility, core strength and balance. Sound useful for hockey?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad