Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Game #1 of the Pimp Era. Hells yes.

RG3oIyy.gif

"There is a darkness inside of me. It wants to get out. It wants to walk around. It wants some walking around money. It wants to buy some shoes and walk up to the people and say, 'Misha don't play no AHL sh*t!' You feel me?! Misha never been about playing no AHL sh*t!"

tenor.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I was wondering that earlier. Obviously no extension yet. I think if he misses the playoffs or doesn’t win a series this year he’s out. If he wins a series then I don’t know. It would be great if Tampa imploded and cooper was fired for us.

You want to hire the coach of a more talented team because his team imploded?

Maybe these things resolve themselves?
Like if the Flyers do get 100+ points and into the second round, given their good but not great talent, Hakstol > Bowman the last two seasons :sarcasm:

I'd rather a coach look stupid and the team look smart than the other way around.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You’re obviously always going to have logistics when doing an 82 game schedule for then 30 teams but now 31 in multi-purpose arenas. But cutting down traveling costs was a key topic in the last CBA & they obviously added playing every team in the league at least twice.

It sucks but that’s probably what is causing it.

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
Go Flyers! Long live Gritty! Fire Hakdawg

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Don’t worry if he does, Lou. He’s a dime a dozen. They’ve got Twarynski & Aube-Kubel who could step in & replace him if needed & probably be better.
I'm hoping he gets claimed with he glut they have on the phantoms. They need to free up some spots and he seems like a hard worker to deserves a chance somewhere.

Reactions: mize370

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Did they cut Weise yet?
No...not yet.

He has been waived but it doesn't mean he is demoted. Leier could get demoted and Weise kept assuming neither get claimed.

Game #1 of the Pimp Era. Hells yes.

RG3oIyy.gif
CDP, I expect every GDT to see a new GIF of The Pimp strolling down the street! I would love to see this whole sequence with The Pimp! Especially if he walks into the tailor shop with no hat on, then comes out with the hat. :D

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
No...not yet.

He has been waived but it doesn't mean he is demoted. Leier could get demoted and Weise kept assuming neither get claimed.

CDP, I expect every GDT to see a new GIF of The Pimp strolling down the street! I would love to see this whole sequence with The Pimp! Especially if he walks into the tailor shop with no hat on, then comes out with the hat. :D

FONSlFr.gif

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Yep. I'm cheering hard against Tampa this year. I want to steal Cooper too.

Also not ruling out the forgotten man, Knoblauch.

Knob could be cool if he really is a pace guy. Cooper is a great combo of structure and pace.

Chances are they win the cup imo.

You want to hire the coach of a more talented team because his team imploded?

Maybe these things resolve themselves?
Like if the Flyers do get 100+ points and into the second round, given their good but not great talent, Hakstol > Bowman the last two seasons :sarcasm:

I'd rather a coach look stupid and the team look smart than the other way around.

Well I think the of Tampa fails it’s not on cooper. Stamkos seems so lack luster. He needs more swagger to lead imo. So they do something crazy like miss the playoffs or a first round exit to a team Florida they could be drastic and fire the coach.

I also think the flyers have a 100+ pt team. They weren’t that far off. An extra win and an extra OT gives us that. That’s with making one of the best third lines in hockey with Simmonds and JVR with Voro potentially. My point is don’t be surprised if we got that mark and don’t give Hak props. There’s a lot of talent here to ride. Any good coach would jump at a chance coming here. You’d be inheriting a cup contender.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Not a good feeling about this one. Vegas' track record @ home won't bode well for us. I just hope Elliott plays above what I expect from him. Fully ready to watch us play a chase game for 60 mins though. Prove me wrong FLYERS!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Knob could be cool if he really is a pace guy. Cooper is a great combo of structure and pace.

Chances are they win the cup imo.

Well I think the of Tampa fails it’s not on cooper. Stamkos seems so lack luster. He needs more swagger to lead imo. So they do something crazy like miss the playoffs or a first round exit to a team Florida they could be drastic and fire the coach.

I also think the flyers have a 100+ pt team. They weren’t that far off. An extra win and an extra OT gives us that. That’s with making one of the best third lines in hockey with Simmonds and JVR with Voro potentially. My point is don’t be surprised if we got that mark and don’t give Hak props. There’s a lot of talent here to ride. Any good coach would jump at a chance coming here. You’d be inheriting a cup contender.

Dont worry about that lol

Reactions: TheKingPin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not a good feeling about this one. Vegas' track record @ home won't bode well for us. I just hope Elliott plays above what I expect from him. Fully ready to watch us play a chase game for 60 mins though. Prove me wrong FLYERS!

Elliott is far more likely to get shellacked early and pulled then anything else.

HokieDude17

Feb 8, 2016
Hampstead, MD
We beat them in their barn 4-1 last year, and were one of the few teams to do it. I'm not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->