GDT: 1/9/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
f*** you refs!! I thought, they can’t overturn the goal, so they will HAVE to give Carolina a penalty. Nope

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Carolina Hurricanes with a monster effort and a HELL of a game against the top team in the league.

They get no points, but that's the way the candy cane crumbles, and for those that may say the Bolts "escaped" with a win, I say, at the end of the year, nobody gives a Raleigh crap how it got done...just how many of them you got!

Nice to be on the side of the team that escapes with the win as opposed to the team that ALMOST got the win. :nod:

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
It won't happen but I wouldn't hate if they start Domingue on Thursday. Vasy would get a pretty nice break.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
**** you refs!! I thought, they can’t overturn the goal, so they will HAVE to give Carolina a penalty. Nope
Lol... I was thinking exactly the opposite. I knew they'd overturn it because if they didn't they'd have to give us a PP, which they clearly don't want to do.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
22eyom.jpg

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The no power play thing has officially gotten suspicious. The refs were actively refusing to make calls in our favor tonight.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Had to dip out once Hedman tied it. Sounds like we had a real up and down night. Not surprised by no power plays. Carolina doesn't take penalties. Like at all.... ever

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Just got back from the game minus my hat.
Last year at this time I was saying trade Johnson and keep Drouin.
That last Johnson goal was a force of will.
Johnson would have never gotten us Sergachev.
Which makes me a happy hatless idiot.
Trust the Yzerplan.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Our scoring depth includes Johnson in 2015 form and a better version of that in Point. Insane.

Crazy how many players seem to be at their peak at once right now, and we still have Stamkos, Palat and Hedman not at top form yet either. Everyone talks about what their players production would look like at peak form but it never comes to fruition, this is one of those seasons you'll rarely see.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Dotchin having himself a whale of a game.

Also - offside challenge is the worst rule in sports.

Scratching him that one game might just have been the incentive he needed to regain his focus.

Was SUCH a fun (TJ hat trick!!) yet frustrating (so many fricking missed penalties!!) game to be at!

And yes, offside challenge is stupidity incarnate. :P

Reactions: Sk8M8

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think Sergachev needs a game off to clear his head. He's had a rough few games lately. Hopefully this week break coming up gives him some rest and lets him reset for the playoff push.

Went back and watched all the goals again, I think that last goal was tipped by Lindholm right in front of the net. Vasi slammed his stick over the crossbar. Not sure if it was anger that he let it by him or that another guy was uncovered and untouched right in front of the net.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Also, they need to fix this offside challenge rule. Set a time limit or something for the review. If the officials can't conclusively determine that the play should be overturned in 60 seconds then it should just be ruled inconclusive. Ridiculous that they break it down frame by frame for 10 minutes to see that a guy was a fraction of a millimeter offside. At some point it goes against the spirit of the game to over-technicalize everything.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Also, they need to fix this offside challenge rule. Set a time limit or something for the review. If the officials can't conclusively determine that the play should be overturned in 60 seconds then it should just be ruled inconclusive. Ridiculous that they break it down frame by frame for 10 minutes to see that a guy was a fraction of a millimeter offside. At some point it goes against the spirit of the game to over-technicalize everything.

I've always thought there should be a time limit on the amount of time between the zone entry and the goal. Not sure it would have affected this case, but in general, if a team has been swarming for 25-30 seconds, then scores a goal, I think it's a bit silly to go back and make sure they entered the zone properly. I think the spirit of the rule is more about goals scored off the rush.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Stamkos looked great tonight too.
Switching Kunitz to his line in place of Namestnikov really sparked them. 14-91-86 were strong all night, too bad they couldn't score.

At the same time Killer-Namestnikov-Gourde were pretty silent all game. Names had a couple good looks but that's about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->