GDT: 1/6/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Johnson and Point have been beasts lately, I wonder how they'd look with Kuch on their line. Palat seems to be one giving up possession, the other 2 are hitting every pass and dominating that half wall.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This team would suck so much without the emergence of Point and Gourde in the last what? 60-70 games? Imagine relying on Palat and Killorn to pick it up. Or moving Callamiss up to the top 6 "to get him going."

5.8 million for an empty net goal. Kill me.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Hard game to watch. Lately we're getting beat by poor-to-mediocre teams that just want it more than we do. I'm starting to question this team's heart.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Well, if there is any positive tonight, Coop looked PISSED in the post game presser. Complete 180 from after that Montreal game.

He's calling them out. My interpretation: "there's some entitled feeling lil bit**es in that locker room, some look like they think they're already in the playoffs, so we need the leaders in the room to bust some heads."

Good on Coop, hopefully the message gets through.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
At least Killorn did some positive things. Another terrible game from Palat.

Palat, Sustr, + 3rd rounder for Karlsson.

I'm sick of Palat taking nights off, which is becoming more frequent. I'd give Killorn 4 more games to figure it out and boom, off to Arizona that bi*** goes too.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Palat, Sustr, + 3rd rounder for Karlsson.

I'm sick of Palat taking nights off, which is becoming more frequent. I'd give Killorn 4 more games to figure it out and boom, off to Arizona that bi*** goes too.

Sure and we can give them Hedman for Stone + 2nd.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
They will start a fire sale. Hell, I'd offer Palat, Sustr, and freaking Killorn for him. They are all getting lazy and worse.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
They will start a fire sale. Hell, I'd offer Palat, Sustr, and freaking Killorn for him. They are all getting lazy and worse.

It's funny because they'd all cost less than what Karlsson will on his next contract, plus you fill 3 roster spots!

Reactions: DaBolts

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Well, if there is any positive tonight, Coop looked PISSED in the post game presser. Complete 180 from after that Montreal game.

He's calling them out. My interpretation: "there's some entitled feeling lil bit**es in that locker room, some look like they think they're already in the playoffs, so we need the leaders in the room to bust some heads."

Good on Coop, hopefully the message gets through.
Yep it’s a different challenge this year the last two years we had to battle back into the playoff race! These guys think they have already won the presidents trophy! It’s January it’s going to be hard to motivate these guys all the way till April.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Stopped watching after that 3-0 goal but I don't think we played THAT bad. Defense was pretty awful but we ran into a hot goalie for a second time in the row. Or offense is in a bit of a slump. Pick one. Win tonight and this road trip is a net positive with the two shutouts against the toughest teams on the trip.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Dotchin was brutal in this game. The rest of the team was horrible too but he stood out and not in a good way.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Weird game. We carried the bulk of the play but got burned on just about every mistake. Not a great game for Vasy, even if the loss itself wasn't his fault.
Pretty disappointing rebound control on the game winner, but the defense gets most of the blame. Need to cut out the pants shitting-ly bad mistakes and limit them to the ones the goalie can actually bail out his guys for.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Cooper seems a bit to robotic to me right now. The overuse of that first line when they are playing so lackadaisical drives me bonkers. He should be using that third line more when the first is mailing it in. I’m not talking big minutes I’m just saying send them a message. In defence of the first line they may be tiring from too many minutes this season. It’s a marathon not a sprint and needs to better utilize his whole lineup better. Also what is his infatuation with Dotchin ? His spot and a forth line center that can takes the big face off are the team needs going forward.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Interesting quote from Cooper about a sense of entitlement in the room. He's right that this is the time of year where you can't be throwing your sticks on the ice and mailing in games. This is the 2nd half of the season. This is 'tune up for the playoffs' time.

That's part of Cooper's job though, in addition to the vets and team leaders. Get the team's head in the right place.

Everything he said was right, now let's see what he does about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad