GDT: 1/6/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Some lazy efforts on the goals against, this is a game that we should have won, anyway props to the Sens for sticking with it and winning it in the end.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ok game, had tons of pressure but need to get a little dirtier around the net, and Hedman's inability to hit the net while being constantly fed off the point is why they can't hit those garbage goals.

Nowhere near as bad as other years, in the middle of the 3rd the annoucers said TB and already directed 80+ pucks towards Andersson. We had 48 shots on net tonight, again can't win em all but we're not losing because of a lack of structure or anything major.

1st line invisible again but whatever they can't be hot all season, Gourde's line needed to finish tonight they had a ton of zone time but all 3 missing golden chances.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Can't wait til that nearly 6 million is freed up from Callahan. What a piece of work that guy is.

Lmao Killorn too
It's so weird because Killorn is always hustling his ass off, but he can never pull the trigger on anything. I don't know what his deal is.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Weird game. We carried the bulk of the play but got burned on just about every mistake. Not a great game for Vasy, even if the loss itself wasn't his fault.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
You can’t play both Dotchin and Serg in the playoffs. Can’t do it.

Hopefully this is just one of those games for Vassy. 6 Goals is a HUUUUUUUUUGE number,

The top line sucks donkey balls lately.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Not sure how the Dotchin and Brassard exchange ended up even. The ref wasn't gonna call anything until Brassard turned around and suckered him.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Ok game, had tons of pressure but need to get a little dirtier around the net, and Hedman's inability to hit the net while being constantly fed off the point is why they can't hit those garbage goals.

Nowhere near as bad as other years, in the middle of the 3rd the annoucers said TB and already directed 80+ pucks towards Andersson. We had 48 shots on net tonight, again can't win em all but we're not losing because of a lack of structure or anything major.

1st line invisible again but whatever they can't be hot all season, Gourde's line needed to finish tonight they had a ton of zone time but all 3 missing golden chances.

Not sure there's a count of such a stat but Hedman could have broken today the record for wide shots, I don't recall as many shots in a single game by a player going wide.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Serge gonna be better for playoffs. I’m not too concerned. I’d like to see koekkoek get more ice time so that he can be ready for playoffs in case of injury.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
You can’t play both Dotchin and Serg in the playoffs. Can’t do it.

Hopefully this is just one of those games for Vassy. 6 Goals is a HUUUUUUUUUGE number,

The top line sucks donkey balls lately.

Kind of how I'm feeling lately about Dotchin. He's going to get burned so bad. In a series, if he's beaten in the first game, they'll adjust with Hedman and Stralman, then we will have a hole...or plug it with *shudders*...Sustr or Coburn...in the top 4.

I like what Dotchin brings to the team but he is not top 4 quality. Some nights he is but games like this where there's speed he looks like a glorified Witkowski next to Hedman.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not sure there's a count of such a stat but Hedman could have broken today the record for wide shots, I don't recall as many shots in a single game by a player going wide.

Serg should be put on rotation with the Stamkos line - Kucherov LOVES feeding the point and Sergachev can actually hit the net. Look at how those kinds of shots can turn a game, Karlsson fired 2 for 2 on point and they resulted in goals in the span of what 3mins?

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kind of how I'm feeling lately about Dotchin. He's going to get burned so bad. In a series, if he's beaten in the first game, they'll adjust with Hedman and Stralman, then we will have a hole...or plug it with *shudders*...Sustr or Coburn...in the top 4.

I like what Dotchin brings to the team but he is not top 4 quality. Some nights he is but games like this where there's speed he looks like a glorified Witkowski next to Hedman.

This, I think he gets away with some borderline plays that could easily be called with the way he keeps mouthing off refs he's going to get the team burned pretty soon.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Seriously palat has been real bad. And I like the guy.
He typically starts playing better in the second half, but he's been trending downward. Two guys on his line are buzzing, and he just isn't keeping up. Maybe try Killorn with Johnson and Point, and Palat down with Gourde.

Reactions: Lightning1995

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad