GDT: 1/5/20 - 5:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
I have quit trying to understand Jon Cooper he just doesn't get it when it comes to playing time. The reason the lightning win is because they are loaded with talent it has nothing to do with Jon Cooper. A good quality coach will eat him up when it comes to game planning and matching lines. The only reason he has a good NHL coaching record is because he coaches the lightning. Just think what they could do if they had a coach that could push the right buttons.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I have quit trying to understand Jon Cooper he just doesn't get it when it comes to playing time. The reason the lightning win is because they are loaded with talent it has nothing to do with Jon Cooper. A good quality coach will eat him up when it comes to game planning and matching lines. The only reason he has a good NHL coaching record is because he coaches the lightning. Just think what they could do if they had a coach that could push the right buttons.
You and your playing time LMAO.
Weren't you saying that Cooper plays Kucherov too much? Buddy, Kuch TOI is down of about 1 min from last year. And last year it was already very low for being a top player

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
not sure what you are trying to say here? just shows me that the kids are playing over tyjo palat which just shows more dumb **** that cooper can do smdh and yes i get he is playing the kids in d zone first offensive zone second ... but id like more toi for palat johnson lines myself .... wouldnt mind stephens getting more time too.... not verhaegh... i get they getting 8 minutes but could reward them during games when playing well turning ice to ice for one shift and def give tyjo palat some d zone shifts this is where IMHO they are most dangerous coming up the ice from our end? thats when they get a really good scoring chance imho

It's totally dumb that Cooper is overplaying a guy with a whopping 9 minutes a night. We should totally give a guy with a goal and assist the last two games less ice time and not more. You know the guy who gets deployed in the defense zone more often and still managed to produce is definitely being overplayed.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Are there more of these somewhere? If not, there definitely should be!

No, but I usually always do a photoshop in the game day threads - if I can be bothered, vids and gifs too.. its just I have to be bothered as it takes time - which I dont have a lot of. Subscribe and follow ?? is all I can say.

You, sir... have totally justified your presence on this board.

Thanks, means a lot and gets me deep /thumps chest
LMAO this had me in tears.
All hail our Lord and Savoir Jan Rutta, first of his name.

This

Also at shinny today when coming out of the change room - we are having some school holiday clinic on - gues who I bump into as I walk out (mind you I am in Australia) Good Ole Nils Semjonovs. Said a gday (as I had my tampa hat on) he asked me my fav players....you know exactly what I said right ??? he had a laugh and said he prefers the underdogs too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad