GDT: 1/5/14 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Edmonton

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Teddy Purcell is terrible. Trade him for another telsa coil

Come on, Purcell. That's the very difference between him and Filppula. Both have great hands but Teddy is nowhere near Flip's stick-handling in traffic. Instead he turns it over at the worst time...

Sheesh. You're not kidding. Teddy needs to seriously get his ass in gear. It's ridiculous. If he's going to play like this every year, he definitely needs to go. What the hell is his problem? He should be scoring with reckless abandon on the third line, facing worse defenders. He's much better than what he's shown. He just doesn't seem to want to to ANY dirty work required for a goal. Ever.

I'm starting to dislike him. And I don't really dislike any of our players. Decent guy, funny guy, but seriously. Get rid of him while we still can, especially if he's going to play like this all the time.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Sheesh. You're not kidding. Teddy needs to seriously get his ass in gear. It's ridiculous. If he's going to play like this every year, he definitely needs to go. What the hell is his problem? He should be scoring with reckless abandon on the third line. He's much better than what he's shown. He just doesn't seem to want to to ANY dirty work required for a goal. Ever.

I'm starting to dislike him. And I don't really dislike any of our players. Decent guy, funny guy, but seriously. Get rid of him while we still can, especially if he's going to play like this all the time.

Yup and with Connolly eligible for waivers next year, I'd rather see Connolly have a shot in Tampa than Purcell.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
As a goalie, you need to be prepared no matter what your defense does. I understand you like Lindy a lot, and I do to. Really I do. But to say that goal wasn't his fault it ludicrous. As someone said earlier, he was doing gymnastic moves looking for the puck.

That being said, the D definitely could've done a better job.

I said it was a bad goal. It just looked like he was expecting the D to do something and when the shot went his way he was off balance so tried to flail at it but missed badly.

It was a bad game all around, it seems as though we get more of those when Lindback plays. Was the same way last season at times too.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
138553187__460069b.jpg

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Terrible 1st and 3rds tonight. Bishop hurt is possibly worse than Stamkos hurt if it's longer than a game or two.

Here's the thing. Lindback is an average goalie. I was hoping he would be more and doubted Bishop at the start of the season but it was the complete opposite. I've said this before but another example tonight where Lindback may not be to blame for the goals allowed tonight(except the 4th one where he completely lost a puck that was two feet in front of him and flopped around), but I feel extremely confident in saying if Bishop was in net he would have made one or two of those saves that Lindback doesn't. Just how it is.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Yeah. Haven't they figured out you're not going to win games in this league by playing only half or less of the 60 minutes? I was sure we're going to win the game after the second period and they completely **** the bed in the third.

Defense was awful and Lindbäck lets in a patented Lindy goal on the GWG: just scramble all around for no ****ing reason and let the other team score an easy goal. I want to root for him, I really do, but he makes it pretty hard. Letting in four goals on 25 shots against one of the worst teams in the league isn't going to cut it. He didn't have much help today but it's the wins that count and his record currently is 3-7-1 while Bishop is 22-5-3. It's not a coincidence.

Hopefully they get back on track on Tuesday. This road trip went well until this game and winning Tuesday would make it a really good road trip even after this debacle.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Sheesh. You're not kidding. Teddy needs to seriously get his ass in gear. It's ridiculous. If he's going to play like this every year, he definitely needs to go. What the hell is his problem? He should be scoring with reckless abandon on the third line, facing worse defenders. He's much better than what he's shown. He just doesn't seem to want to to ANY dirty work required for a goal. Ever.

Oh I agree. We all thought Panik and Connolly would have better seasons, we all were hoping Malone would have more left in the tank but Purcell is by far the biggest disappointment so far IMO. He's no rookie, he's not injured... no excuses.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Terrible 1st and 3rds tonight. Bishop hurt is possibly worse than Stamkos hurt if it's longer than a game or two.

Here's the thing. Lindback is an average goalie. I was hoping he would be more and doubted Bishop at the start of the season but it was the complete opposite. I've said this before but another example tonight where Lindback may not be to blame for the goals allowed tonight(except the 4th one where he completely lost a puck that was two feet in front of him and flopped around), but I feel extremely confident in saying if Bishop was in net he would have made one or two of those saves that Lindback doesn't. Just how it is.

Exactly. Only the 4th goal is completely on him. The rest were save-able. A #1 makes those saves. Period. No excuses. I don't care that the D had a mental lapse, or that we took a bad penalty, or the forwards didn't score enough. A #1 makes those saves. This reminds me a lot of the 4-3 loss to the Rangers where I can't really blame Lindback for the loss but he didn't do us any favors either. #backup

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
They played so great in the 2nd to tie it up only to give away the 2 points in the 3rd. So crushing. Especially after how well they played in Vancouver and even Calgary.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I said it was a bad goal. It just looked like he was expecting the D to do something and when the shot went his way he was off balance so tried to flail at it but missed badly.

It was a bad game all around, it seems as though we get more of those when Lindback plays. Was the same way last season at times too.

Part of that has to do with the team's confidence in him.

As much as he gave up goals tonight, he also cost us momentum. Once that 4th goal went in, the wind was out of our sails.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Part of that has to do with the team's confidence in him.

As much as he gave up goals tonight, he also cost us momentum. Once that 4th goal went in, the wind was out of our sails.

I disagree, we were terrible before he even got in the game and went back to playing like that before the 4th goal.

Everyone can say Bishop would've made all the saves but you really don't know, he was pretty out of position on the one he let in. Even before his stick got hooked he wasn't in a position to be squared up to Eberle.

The last two goals both Hedman and Gudas did a terrible job of playing any type of defense.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I disagree, we were terrible before he even got in the game and went back to playing like that before the 4th goal.

Everyone can say Bishop would've made all the saves but you really don't know, he was pretty out of position on the one he let in. Even before his stick got hooked he wasn't in a position to be squared up to Eberle.

The last two goals both Hedman and Gudas did a terrible job of playing any type of defense.

By that logic we can think any of us might have made the saves but we don't know. Bishop has a pretty good history of holding us into games until we can get our act together.

When we're digging ourselves into a hole, Bishop tends help us climb out. Lindback, on the other hand, has usually got a shovel of his own.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I actually thought we had some iffy bounces pucks that just didnt work out well for lindy he did ok at times honestly.

Very disappointed in the loss. Especially after a comeback was expecting a point at that point.

It happens games like this happen what I do take is this is a very fast team we played they got 38 shots last game against us they have done this in past on others.

We gave them confidence and paid for it. Learning experience coop seems to get them together after games like this:)

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Didn't get to watch, was busy losing a playoff hockey game..

So I don't have to read through everything someone give me a quick run down.. Please tell me our lord and savior Bishop is okay???

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Didn't get to watch, was busy losing a playoff hockey game..

So I don't have to read through everything someone give me a quick run down.. Please tell me our lord and savior Bishop is okay???

Kuch had a Stamkos-esque snipe to start the scoring, Eberle scored on a weird play where Marty tee'd the puck up for him in the slot, Bishop left just after that goal with an apparent hand injury, Lindy came in and chaos reigned, had a good 2nd period where we shut the Oilers down pretty well and tied the score at 3, 3rd period starts, Lindy gives up the 4th goal on a terrible rebound and even worse recovery, Hall scores the finisher on a deflection that Gudas defended terribly, game over.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kuch had a Stamkos-esque snipe to start the scoring, Eberle scored on a weird play where Marty tee'd the puck up for him in the slot, Bishop left just after that goal with an apparent hand injury, Lindy came in and chaos reigned, had a good 2nd period where we shut the Oilers down pretty well and tied the score at 3, 3rd period starts, Lindy gives up the 4th goal on a terrible rebound and even worse recovery, Hall scores the finisher on a deflection that Gudas defended terribly, game over.

Who needs sportscenter when you have MattM92.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad