GDT: 1/4/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
When we play well all season and lose a tight game - these are ok move on from, the overall play of this team has been incredible.

Unlike before when we showed obvious weaknesses, lose and people want to ignore it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Before we say we lost only because of Price, rewatch the game and take a look at how many scoring chances we gave up. Vasy had our backs too. It was a duel of two great goalies.

Reactions: Hoek

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Pretty sloppy game from us. Gave up wayyyyy too much defensively. Vasilevskiy was outstanding and lost in the coin flip to another outstanding goalie. Habs were also playing for their lives. They were desperate to end their skid and saw this as a measuring stick game. We, on the other hand, looked completely disinterested for stretches at a time.

We're nearing the 2nd half of the season and it's time to start putting in the full efforts every night to get sharp for the playoffs. Don't start letting bad habits creep into your game just because you're first in the league.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Vasy is a monster, couple of yuuuge saves. Price was stellar too. Well we got a point out of it, onto the next one!

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
No team is going to play 82 great games. What you want to do is make sure you play hard most games and I have no problem with the overall team effort for this given. Now did they play well? Probably not and as has been pointed out in this thread, the D gave up way too many odd man rushes.

The fact that the Bolts got a point out of the game is actually a pretty good thing considering that MTL threw everything but the kitchen sink at Vasy. Peckham said some crazy stat that the Canadiens had scored something like 30% of their total goals in 4 games this year. I think we saw that level of effort from them but Vasy just cant be beaten right now only on a rare shot!

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I was at this game. We looked complacent for most of it. Gave a lot of pucks up, and to give credit where it's due, Montreal played pretty great defense. Shut all the lanes down.

2nd time I've been to the Bell Center to see the Bolts play the Habs, and it's the 2nd time I've seen them lose in a shootout. I must be bad luck.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
"Trashilevskiy's" stats after last night: 26-5-2, .939, and 1.92 gaa.

If the season ended today, his save% would be good for fourth best ever (min 25 games played).

Carey Price's vezina season from a few years ago, which many considered to be historically great, was 66 starts, 44-16-6 with 9 shut outs, .933, and 1.96.

Kid is okay, I guess.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
No team is going to play 82 great games. What you want to do is make sure you play hard most games and I have no problem with the overall team effort for this given. Now did they play well? Probably not and as has been pointed out in this thread, the D gave up way too many odd man rushes.

The fact that the Bolts got a point out of the game is actually a pretty good thing considering that MTL threw everything but the kitchen sink at Vasy. Peckham said some crazy stat that the Canadiens had scored something like 30% of their total goals in 4 games this year. I think we saw that level of effort from them but Vasy just cant be beaten right now only on a rare shot!

That wasn't an endorsement of their goal scoring ability. It means that their offense is abysmal.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That wasn't an endorsement of their goal scoring ability. It means that their offense is abysmal.

I think he meant that it was Montreal’s rare offensive outburst type of game that they had this year but Vasi is just too tough to beat right now. At least this is how I read his post.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think he meant that it was Montreal’s rare offensive outburst type of game that they had this year but Vasi is just too tough to beat right now. At least this is how I read his post.

This, even a win like that is demoralizing - that team has scored only 5 goals in their past 6 games, they were shut out once and scored only 1 goal in regulation the other 5 games. Considering the prices for tickets in MTL, abysmal on ice product.

Their leading scorer is on pace for 45 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad