GDT: 1/3/19 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Matthews > Kucherov. Kucherov only scores more because of Hedman, but, also, Reilly > Hedman.
Oh don't get me started. I saw a post by a leaf fan that said "other than hedman > reilly our defense is basically the same".

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Our players are lucky they're on such a good team because they all suck and wouldn't get points with worse linemates.

Exactly. They all suck too much to score on their own. They're lucky all their teammates are so good.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Want to hear something kinda nuts? Our goal differential is 17 more than the 2nd best team in the league right now (realizing that NHL.com for some reason counts SO wins in goal differential).

That 17 goal difference? That's good for the 8th best goal differential in the league right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Want to hear something kinda nuts? Our goal differential is 17 more than the 2nd best team in the league right now (realizing that NHL.com for some reason counts SO wins in goal differential).

That 17 goal difference? That's good for the 8th best goal differential in the league right now.

NHL.com hasn't updated yet. Our differential is actually 21 more than Toronto.

(Unless the 4 accounts for SO differences? Our differential is now listed at 55 total; not sure what that includes.)

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
It was a pretty solid game by Tampa...even though they looked like it was just a practice session for them. Watching Cally and Joseph get a goal each was like a cherry on top.

I enjoyed it also, my top FFs are probably 6, 8, 10, and 12. Just finished playing FF 6. They are re-releasing 10 for the Nintendo switch so am excited.

11 is my favorite (still play it to make some side money for tickets) followed by 4 and 8 to fill out my top 3. I'm pretty excited for the 10 remake though...original was a pretty solid game.

Reactions: Raphael87

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
Well, so much for the trap game. Basically kicked their butts.

This run is fun to watch.

Been a TBL fan since the mid 90s and I have eaten a lot of crap over the years.

You guys keep up the good work on this board, and I will continue to lurk.

I will gladly collect my vbucks.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
LA was not a trap game. There was no universe in which they were going to beat TB. On the other hand, Sharks too good to be called a trap game so if Bolts don't prevail in that one I won't be shocked but if they do win it at the tail end of a New Years left coast road trip I think it will add significantly to statement they are making.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This has to be the year. Your captain is finally back and on pace for his old numbers. You've got the leading scorer in the league on pace for damn near 140 points and your shutdown 1/2C??? is on pace for a +40 goal seasom and maybe 100 points. Your goalie has been injured and isn't going to see as much action, and your backup managed to keep you afloat. Your defense hasn't even been fine tuned and your Norris defenseman hasn't had to play at that level. There's really no other way to compete with that historic Wings record aside from right here and right now. There's also really no way to ruin this unless you beat yourselves.

This team is incredibly different this year. They put their foot on their opponents throat and end them. Sure our defense has been shoddy at times but this team is completely different than the past few years. I really, really, really hope they don't manage to botch this in the summer. This is a perfect storm brewing and this team is just unreal.

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
LA was not a trap game. There was no universe in which they were going to beat TB. On the other hand, Sharks too good to be called a trap game

That is exactly what a trap game is. A game that they have seemingly cannot lose, a big game against SJ in 2 days, just throw their sticks on the ice and the game is theirs. Then, BAM! they lose.

Definition of a trap game. Glad they didn't fall into it.

Now time for SJ.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
11 is my favorite (still play it to make some side money for tickets) followed by 4 and 8 to fill out my top 3. I'm pretty excited for the 10 remake though...original was a pretty solid game.

Yeah, 8 was up there for me. I loved the characters, especially the main one, and the story. 10 was when they first introduced voice acting, which was pretty cool. I could talk FF with you and @Phobia Catalyst all day long. lol.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
That is exactly what a trap game is. A game that they have seemingly cannot lose, a big game against SJ in 2 days, just throw their sticks on the ice and the game is theirs. Then, BAM! they lose.

Definition of a trap game. Glad they didn't fall into it.

Now time for SJ.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be critical and I didn't mean for you to take me too literally. I agree with your definition but I was using a bit of hyperbole to make a point; the LA team we have seen all season long and last night in particular is simply not capable of beating any version of the Lightning on any night. We literally toyed with another NHL team and that is not supposed to happen.

Last edited:

WhoozYerrDaddy

May 5, 2004
I was using a bit of hyperbole to make a point; the LA team we have seen all season long and last night in particular is simply not capable of beating any version of the Lightning on any night. We literally toyed with another NHL team and that is not supposed to happen.

Exactly my point. The Kings are simply not capable of beating any version of the Lightning on any given night. However, TBL still has to play well enough to win. IF TBL craps the bed, and LA plays out of their minds or ifQuick has an unreal game, we lose. Any team can beat any other team on any given night.

Remember, this team lost to Ottawa, and lost 7-1 to freekin' Arizona !

Good for us, we didn't fall into that trap.

Now, back into lurk mode.

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Exactly my point. The Kings are simply not capable of beating any version of the Lightning on any given night. However, TBL still has to play well enough to win. IF TBL craps the bed, and LA plays out of their minds or ifQuick has an unreal game, we lose. Any team can beat any other team on any given night.

Remember, this team lost to Ottawa, and lost 7-1 to freekin' Arizona !

Good for us, we didn't fall into that trap.

Now, back into lurk mode.

That Arizona game can be explained in context.

Team played the night before, and they lost Hedman and Palat to injury.

Domingue was in net and gave up some ridiculously soft goals early.

Team took chances after the early goals to get back into it and Domingue couldn't handle the odd man rushes.

Sergachev was -6 filling in, most of the odd man rushes the other way were from him.

After it got to 5-0 Cooper just rotated the lines in and out. Kucherov, Stammer, and Point sat a lot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad