GDT: 1/3/19 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Los Angeles

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
So - and seriously - Cooper is treating this game like a practice. Have you all seen the line blender he's got going? Everyone is playing with everyone here.
The players are to. I've lost count of how many times i've seen hedman and stralman just coast to the boards while they let the LA player get to the puck first before pinning them. Its like Coop said "we need to work on our board battles" or something.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think he'd be leading the league regardless. Smaller goalie pads seem to have boosted every star player's stats, but Kuch remains waaaay out in front. He'd be pacing for at least a hundred, either way. But the smaller goalie pads have given him the ability to put up 1980s numbers.
I for one love the change. Don't make the pads any smaller. Elite scorers scores are finding ways to put up elite numbers, elite goaltenders continue to put up elite numbers but the NHL offenses as a whole are getting some extra benefit.

This looks to be the perfect balance. I'm thrilled to think I could see a 150 point player and a .928% and 2.23 GAA on the same team ---not just the Lightning should these trends continue. Naturally goalie numbers will decline league wide as scoring goes up but great ones will find a way and defensive systems will keep things in check

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->