GDT: 1/29/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida VS Tampa Bay

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Based on nothing at all, I say the Lightning win 4-2.

I just missed it! I'm happy that I shorted our team one from the final result.

Great game...Lindback had some stellar saves tonight!

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Marty was a turnover machine at the beginning of the game. It worried me. Our first line always tries too much passing at first, then they ease in. I wonder why that is.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Can't say how surprised I am at how well Salo has done. Hands down the best pick up we had in the off season.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Marty was a turnover machine at the beginning of the game. It worried me. Our first line always tries too much passing at first, then they ease in. I wonder why that is.

Just guessing they are either trying to feel the other team out or lull them to sleep.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Can't say how surprised I am at how well Salo has done. Hands down the best pick up we had in the off season.

It would have to be something along the lines of: 1)Salo, 2)Lindback, 3)Carle, 4)Crombeen and that's no slight against Crombeen since he's also been great. Lindback definitely merits consideration as our best pick-up this off-season.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It'll really be something once the chemistry gets going on our top line.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Just got home. So Panthers really do suck with all those injuries. Had a blast. Got a girl's number, pretty awesome. Not sure that Conacher's 2nd goal was a penalty so someone please break that down for me. Looked good to me. Glad to see the 3-4 lines contribute and be awesome. That last goal was gorgeous, tho! Great time tonight. Jumbotron probably looks better on the long side than the endzone. FYI

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
With how well the lightning have been doing, I'm surprised we haven't gotten a thread on the mainboards yet, I'm actually quite glad nobody has so far either.

No need to bring hate/jinx's to this team right now :laugh:

Ridiculous that this team has been averaging 5 goals a game thus far and is still a considered a sleeper team.

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
Best game of the season for Hedman IMO...He made physical plays, defensive plays, and some sweet passes from the blue line...

The Vinny goal was pretty much started by his cross corner pass that was perfectly placed, and he won't even show up on the stat sheet because of it.

Kudos to Brian Lee for going the entire game without making me say, "Aww Lee" which my girlfriend usually mistakes for "Aulie." When he was on the ice I didn't really notice all that much, but he did make a couple plays to block shots and clear the puck.

That third line has been working so hard all season they really deserved all of the points they put up tonight.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Great, great game. So excited about this team. Conacher still keeping it up. Stamkos has gotten his engine going. Not the best game by Carle but solid enough this time.

Lindbäck again gives an easy one early on but then covers it up.

Third line can really, really grind there.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Honestly, this is the Hedman we wanted when we drafted him. Great offensive instincts, great skating, shooting and passing and shutdown defense. Six games I he's playing as a Norris caliber defenseman.

Look, so many things are going right but there's one guy I want to give more love to. Crombeen has been a perfect fourth liner. They as a line aren't getting on the score sheet but they get a ton of zone time, and he has been an excellent pick up. I knew he could throw them, I didn't know he was such a good hockey player.

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
Look, so many things are going right but there's one guy I want to give more love to. Crombeen has been a perfect fourth liner. They as a line aren't getting on the score sheet but they get a ton of zone time, and he has been an excellent pick up. I knew he could throw them, I didn't know he was such a good hockey player.

Couldn't agree with you more. Every shift on the ice he's Intensity in 10 cities. He gets on the puck and keeps it deep. It's so awesome seeing someone on the 4th line attacking for the puck instead of sitting back on their heels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad