GDT: 1/27/13 - 6:00PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
The crystal meth use from NHL referees is absolutely out of control these days...only crystal meth would make you call 3 double minors, but completely ignore the fact that wayne simmons is 3rd man in. Absolutely deplorable referees.

Don't know how common the triple minor is, but I do not think I have ever seen that(to 1 player at 1 time)

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I don't think I've ever seen 3 minors called on the same guy, particularly when there should have been a matching minor to Simmonds and an extra to Crombeen for holding/xference. No way should that have resulted in a 4min PP for the Flyers.

I avoided commenting/reading during the game; I said the same thing about the 3 minors, before reading your post... Apologies

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Did Brewer just say, "time for a powerball ticket"...? Mr. Brewer, you have been great so far this season. Very impressed. Our D are scoring goals... Our D are playing great in our end.. Is this what the Mayans were referring to?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Fun game. I'm blown away by Vinny's play this season, and the team was firing on all cylinders tonight.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
In all seriousness they had to put down the AFL field between games yesterday so the Tampa Bay Storm could hold tryouts, so yeah

No, I get what you are saying. The ice gets ****** when they have to do that stuff.

I just thought it funny saying slippery(or people are sliding) ice=bad ice, when ice is always slippery...

That goal against was a fluke anyway

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Besides the goal, Brewer hasn't been that great this game. There was an element of luck with that.

I thought maybe the goal would have turned it around, but he's been slow today and I seem to remember him giveawayish early in the game.

That seemed to be a legit penalty for Brew-dog and you can see in slow motion where it occurs to him to stop skating and go for the shove.

I thought Brewer has been a pleasant surprise so far.. Maybe I am not seeing things clearly past him scoring goals <-- not sarcasm <-- also not sarcasm

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I remember questioning whether Hall should make this team. He is definitely proving me wrong. Such a smart/calm player, same thing with Pyatt.

Also, can Aulie please fight Simmonds?

Hall is solid/ dependable. I can definitely understand questioning what value he brings, he is not a big scorer. But I think he is pretty important to our PK

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
I thought Brewer has been a pleasant surprise so far.. Maybe I am not seeing things clearly past him scoring goals <-- not sarcasm <-- also not sarcasm

I agree, our defense has been pretty good overall. The top4 + Aulie have been especially good. Still waiting on Brian Lee to shake off that lockout rust though...

Good win tonight.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Good game guys. I thought the team's passing was improved today, looked sharp. Lee played a decent game also, no complaints. Congrats.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think this team is really good. If we stay healthy, especially along the blue line I like our chances.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
The one goal allowed was absolutely horrendous. But Lindback made up for it with about 4 very very nice saves throughout the rest of the game. Good game overall from him. Probably the best one hes had yet even with that terrible goal he let in.

Hedman is absolutely ridiculous. I mean he is playing on another planet right now. His decision making has gotten so much better and he seems be playing at a slower pace then everyone else and making the play he wants rather than the play he thinks hes being forced to make. You can also tell he is LOVING the offensive side he is being allowed to show right now. He led the rush a bunch of times tonight and was in the rush a few times as well including on a shorthanded situation lol. The guy is just amazing to watch right now.

Great game tonight. They actually played just about a full 60 minutes tonight. Looked very good.

Vintage Vinny is definitely back. He was awesome once again tonight.

If Lindback can get just a bit more solid, and we stay decently healthy, I gotta say this could be an interesting year.

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
I think this team is really good. If we stay healthy, especially along the blue line I like our chances.

I feel like with the way Aulie is playing, an injury to our top 4 won't hurt us all that much. It certainly wouldn't be ideal, but it won't kill our chances of winning games either.

- I think Brian Lee will get better as the season goes on. He just looks a bit rusty. A good example is his clearing attempt that resulted in the Flyer's goal. He had the right idea, but executed it poorly.

- Was Darren Puppa drunk during his interview? I kinda got that vibe. :laugh: Don't really care either way though, he's awesome.

- Boucher has definitely made some good adjustments compared to last year. One of the things I've really noticed is how active our defensemen our in the offensive zone. They are all really doing a good job of getting pucks on net from the blue line.

- This was our first game with < 30 SOG, and also our first game outshooting our opponents (I think). TBH though I haven't been all too worried about that, it seems like our D is keeping most of the shots as low percentage chances (besides the breakaways they gave up during the Islanders game).

- IMO, Hedman has been our best player so far, followed closely by MSL.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Oh by the way. Did anyone else see the Flyers playing a 1-3-1 tonight? Cause I sure as hell did. Im tempted to stay up to watch the replay on Sun Sports just to capture the image of it and stir the pot on the main boards :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad