GDT: 1/27/13 - 6:00PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay

HeavyHammer

Go Bolts!
Feb 26, 2012
The one goal allowed was absolutely horrendous. But Lindback made up for it with about 4 very very nice saves throughout the rest of the game. Good game overall from him. Probably the best one hes had yet even with that terrible goal he let in.

Hedman is absolutely ridiculous. I mean he is playing on another planet right now. His decision making has gotten so much better and he seems be playing at a slower pace then everyone else and making the play he wants rather than the play he thinks hes being forced to make. You can also tell he is LOVING the offensive side he is being allowed to show right now. He led the rush a bunch of times tonight and was in the rush a few times as well including on a shorthanded situation lol. The guy is just amazing to watch right now.

Great game tonight. They actually played just about a full 60 minutes tonight. Looked very good.

Vintage Vinny is definitely back. He was awesome once again tonight.

If Lindback can get just a bit more solid, and we stay decently healthy, I gotta say this could be an interesting year.

Agree with all this.

Although I'm really not all that worried about that goal Lindback gave up. He shouldn't have let that through, but it's really a minor adjustment and I doubt he makes that mistake again.

I think an important thing to bring up is that we all acknowledged that there were going to be growing pains with Lindback, and that as long as he had ~.910 sv% we would be ok. (he currently has a .911 sv%).

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
With the way hedman is playing i cant help but think pairing him with salo is the best thing that could have happened to him. Salo is so steady, poised, and always in great position that it allows hedman to be a little more confident with his partner. Im sure hes learning a thing or two from the vet as well.

Definitely a solid looking team! Great pick ups by Mr Y :yo:

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
I was stuck listening to the radio, but if you are right about the flyers using the 1-3-1, that tickles the very cockles of my heart.

Last edited:

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Agree with all this.

Although I'm really not all that worried about that goal Lindback gave up. He shouldn't have let that through, but it's really a minor adjustment and I doubt he makes that mistake again.

I think an important thing to bring up is that we all acknowledged that there were going to be growing pains with Lindback, and that as long as he had ~.910 sv% we would be ok. (he currently has a .911 sv%).

Hell I was of the thought process if he gave us even .900% we would make the playoffs. If he gives us .910%+ then I think we win the division.

I was stuck listening to the radio, but if you are right about the flyers using the 1-3-1, that tickles the very cockles of my heart.

They absolutely were. When they were down by 3 also lol. I started cracking up. I have center ice dead last row seats so I saw it perfectly.

You need to do this! hahah

Its starting at 12:30AM so I might DVR it and then do it tomorrow after work. I guarantee you they were running it.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
The one goal allowed was absolutely horrendous. But Lindback made up for it with about 4 very very nice saves throughout the rest of the game. Good game overall from him. Probably the best one hes had yet even with that terrible goal he let in.

Hedman is absolutely ridiculous. I mean he is playing on another planet right now. His decision making has gotten so much better and he seems be playing at a slower pace then everyone else and making the play he wants rather than the play he thinks hes being forced to make. You can also tell he is LOVING the offensive side he is being allowed to show right now. He led the rush a bunch of times tonight and was in the rush a few times as well including on a shorthanded situation lol. The guy is just amazing to watch right now.

Great game tonight. They actually played just about a full 60 minutes tonight. Looked very good.

Vintage Vinny is definitely back. He was awesome once again tonight.

If Lindback can get just a bit more solid, and we stay decently healthy, I gotta say this could be an interesting year.

Honestly as a hockey player. If your goalie comes up to you and says. "Hey man, look during this game I'm going to let in a goal that will absolutely be one that I should have stopped. Complete garbage goal, but it will be the only one I will let in all game." You will take that deal and run with it.

Agreed about Hedman.....Kid is finally turning that corner and becoming a defensemen we knew he would become. I really really really hope HF doesn't catch on any time soon. I had enough with Vinny to montreal threads. I don't want to be dealing with Hedman trade threads every day.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Honestly as a hockey player. If your goalie comes up to you and says. "Hey man, look during this game I'm going to let in a goal that will absolutely be one that I should have stopped. Complete garbage goal, but it will be the only one I will let in all game." You will take that deal and run with it.

Agreed about Hedman.....Kid is finally turning that corner and becoming a defensemen we knew he would become. I really really really hope HF doesn't catch on any time soon. I had enough with Vinny to montreal threads. I don't want to be dealing with Hedman trade threads every day.

The problem with that goal is, the team picked up Lindback after it scoring those 3 goals. It was a good job overall but that type of goal could easily have everyone on the team hanging heads and saying here we go again.

As for Hedman, as of now he is still completely underrated everywhere else. If he starts putting up more points like I think he will, he might get more notice but not many people want to say hey Hedman is ridiculous defensively and offensively right now. Id say he flys under the radar this shortened season, maybe through the playoffs unless we go deep. But next year, our secret will be out.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
While i'm happy with so much I can't help but be very concerned by these things hes struggling with now. Hes not having trouble tracking pucks in traffic or anything like that, hes missing simple fundamentals on covering his post properly, and this is the second time it has happened. I hope he can stay in touch with Mitch Korn and keep him on the up and up.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
While i'm happy with so much I can't help but be very concerned by these things hes struggling with now. Hes not having trouble tracking pucks in traffic or anything like that, hes missing simple fundamentals on covering his post properly, and this is the second time it has happened. I hope he can stay in touch with Mitch Korn and keep him on the up and up.

Yeah I know what youre saying. I think there will be growing pains of him becoming a true starter, and becoming the guy he can be in the net. But we have seen flashes of it. He just needs to clean up a lot and I think he will be just fine. His rebound control from game 1 to game 5 has already improved exponentially.

Lets wait until game 25 to see what he is still doing that he shouldnt be doing at that point. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Yeah I know what youre saying. I think there will be growing pains of him becoming a true starter, and becoming the guy he can be in the net. But we have seen flashes of it. He just needs to clean up a lot and I think he will be just fine. His rebound control from game 1 to game 5 has already improved exponentially.

Lets wait until game 25 to see what he is still doing that he shouldnt be doing at that point. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.

I hope so. I'd be less concerned if it were just a rebound in the slot, but his play against the Isles and then tonights goal has me very nervous, along with other factors like coaching.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Great game! If the team continues to work hard and if Lindbäck can improve his game we are looking like a solid playoff team..but there is plenty of games left so they will have to keep improving and not let the guard down.

Realize

Wow, watching that game was just one word : FUN, FUN, FUN.
Despite that soft goal from Lindback, I am sorry for him that he failed to get his 1st shutout with Tampa by himself.

It's really great seeing Tampa with a 4.80 G/G , hopefully it will remain for some time :D

I watched the Rangers Game from Saturday yesterday evening and I nearly fall asleep (as I like the NYR a little bit, too). But this one today was great.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
"Give credit to Vinny," Boucher said. "We've had very good talks about leadership and things that this team needs. We're talking about defensively, being the first on ice for practice and the last to come off, in the gym. Right now, he's doing everything."

Saw how happy Vinny was after his goal? When he is free of injuries he is such an amazing player! :handclap:

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
That. Was. Epic.

Good crowd.

Anders did really well, I think he needs to work on his puck control a tad bit. Other than that, solid.

VL4. The Captain. Need I say more. I'm so glad he is a presence once again.

Conacher played a good game. There were a few times he slipped up, but great performance.

Marty.

Brewer looks like a new man out there. Salo is the great stabilizer. Hedmonster. Awesome. Overall our D is much improved and a formidable presence on the ice.

I am loving what's going on. Let's keep it up.

There was a washed-up looking Flyers fan in the parking lot after the game. He was talking poop to me and the old man. Something he said...."blah blah...up north where hockey's real". My response "95 North. Hit it!". He had no reply.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Terrible start but Lindbäck more than covered that mistake. Offense is awesome, bottom 6 lines looked solid too. D is from another planet compared to last year. Hedman, Salo and Brewer have all been as good as expected. Carle is better than in Philly imo, not so much silly turnovers.

Again, Hedman is continuing where he left off from KHL, I think he'll be in Norris discussion soon if he continues he's play like this. Not this year, but soon. Decision making is much improved.

Stammer looks still little off/rusty but gets the points anyway.

Offense is looking almost stacked. Philly is imo one of the deepest teams but were just so flat.. that can't be all on Tampa considering their bad start,

Realize

Ah, the crowd was really loud all the time, that was amazing!

By the way: Is "you can'T touch this" always played when Stamkos scores at the Forum? As I love that song and I noticed that the first time, I really had to laugh :D

The new scoreboard looks.. wow .. just huge.

herm1978

Jun 29, 2011
I think because he pokechecked the puck away to Hedman/Hall earlier in the own end, so he did deserve that secondary assist.

He deserved it, sure. Just surprised that he got one when Hedman passed to Hall before Hedman got the rebound. Seems like Hedman would get in the way of anyone getting a secondary assist :)

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
Ah, the crowd was really loud all the time, that was amazing!

By the way: Is "you can'T touch this" always played when Stamkos scores at the Forum? As I love that song and I noticed that the first time, I really had to laugh :D

The new scoreboard looks.. wow .. just huge.

Yes, that's Stammers goal song just like Louie Louie for Marty.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Marty and Stammer's Goal songs are fun, sure, but something about the 15 seconds it took me to understand why they were playing "Lean Back" after Ders made a big glove save put it on a whole other level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->