GDT: 1/25/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Philadelphia

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Kind of bad timing for an All Star Game after being on a real roll now and getting our first line back. Oh well hope they keep that mojo!

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'm gonna be honest. Cally's goal was worth it. It was a $5 million dollar goal, and it was totally worth it.

Like blowing a few grand on a tin of caviar just because you can.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like putting Kuch back with Stamkos. It was weird. Johnson/Point have a good thing going, but Kucherov looked like a complete individual with them, rather than part of a unit. I like Gourde on that line better. That way we're not putting all our creativity on the same line.

Also... How does Cally score one goal all year, then do THAT!?

Reactions: Lightning1995

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Big win, some really grade A Goals last night. Fun to watch.

It’s clear Vassys little 3-4 game run of giving up some softies was just part of the typical mid season grind. Guy is a stud.

I just wish Boston would lose occasionally. They are out of control. Cool off Bruins!

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Also... How does Cally score one goal all year, then do THAT!?

CLEARLY, it was just Cally playing the long con. He meant to lull everyone on the planet into a false sense of security; putting all opposing teams into a sleep like state, then BAM!
It was a two year trick to get revenge on Philly fans in Philly. At this point, he still has time to pull this little trick one more before his contract runs out. You thought last night's goal was nice, the next one will be even sweeter... in 2020

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Kind of bad timing for an All Star Game after being on a real roll now and getting our first line back. Oh well hope they keep that mojo!

If it makes any sense I'm actually thankful we have the All Star Game coming up now. You're effectively chopping a season long road trip in half for everyone not named Point, Kucherov, Stamkos and Vasilevskiy. All four men will be waking up in their beds this morning -if they haven't already. Excretion will be minimal by Lightning participants and I'm sure they're going to have a lot of fun with the game being at home. And let's be honest with ourselves, the hardest part of our road trip is over now. Chicago and Nashville are contenders and Philly went from no chance in hell a few months ago to a wild card team fighting for its life and so too are the Wild. That's a much more difficult task than Vancouver and Edmonton teams poised to finish near the bottom of the west along with Calgary and Winnipeg. The Flames and Jets are no slouch either and a 2-2 record wouldn't so much be the end of the world as much as it means we'd just finish the 8 game trip 5-3. And doing that without our #1D is a heck of an accomplishment.

And call me calculating but the Lightning would normally have a game this Saturday under a regular schedule and we don't. And in essence that's one less game we're playing without Hedman and Palat.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And honest question. Who here would have ever picked Callahan to be the guy that scores the Lightning's "Goal of the year?" Macho Man's "f*** it I'm Peter Forsberg" remark is exquisitely accurate. Still a lot of hockey left to play but I imagine that goal is likely gonna hold up. Not unless someone decides "f*** it I'm Mario Lemieux" and puts on a vulgar display of power like Lemeiux's famous breakaway goal against the North Stars in the Stanley Cup Finals where he parted the green sea and said "The hell outta my way"

PS: Somewhere our resident Callafan probably incoherently screamed like he was Dave Mishkin and was able to honestly answer the nearest person to him, "Sorry I'm really..... REALLY drunk"

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
scares me now we have won three in a row now we get the allstar break we always come back bad after a lot of days off

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
And honest question. Who here would have ever picked Callahan to be the guy that scores the Lightning's "Goal of the year?" Macho Man's "**** it I'm Peter Forsberg" remark is exquisitely accurate. Still a lot of hockey left to play but I imagine that goal is likely gonna hold up. Not unless someone decides "**** it I'm Mario Lemieux" and puts on a vulgar display of power like Lemeiux's famous breakaway goal against the North Stars in the Stanley Cup Finals where he parted the green sea and said "The hell outta my way"

PS: Somewhere our resident Callafan probably incoherently screamed like he was Dave Mishkin and was able to honestly answer the nearest person to him, "Sorry I'm really..... REALLY drunk"

While it was a running joke about him not scoring, he's had some highlight goals before - it's not completely out of the blue. Even this season he's pulled moves but no finish, it's not like JT Brown with no hands pulling one of those.

Reactions: Hoek

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
Lol , think the NHL should give him 5 goals on that one. Anyway hope it's not a one and done for awhile. He is getting PP time now and can only help his confidence.

Not knocking him, but I wouldn't expect that PP time to stick for long when we start getting Heddy and Pally back, unless he really catches fire.
Cally always has had excellent net-front presence on the PP tho, so it is possible. I'm pulling for him (we all are).

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
The PP was always his bread and butter. Made a living in front of the net on those dirty goals. You are not knocking him, I see this as an opportunity for him to find his groove. He draws a lot of penalties, now this time he can try and make the other team pay by scoring or setting up a goal, instead of just sitting on the bench and watching.

On another note it seems that the refs have become very biased to this team. They are not getting that many PPs and there are a lot of bad calls or missed calls. Is it just me?

I don't know about the calls recently, comes and goes.
Now that I'm thinking of it, Cally and most of the PK units have been killing it lately, literally.
Kudos for that alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad