GDT: 1/20/18 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Minnesota

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I really like the guy, but unless he is on the left faceoff circle on the powerplay, he is a pretty below average player right now.
Below average as in the average NHL player is better than him?

The last time I checked, power play goals are worth just as much as even strenght goals. I'm happy to have him at 8.5.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I will still love this team win or lose but I'm really disappointed in a lot of players and not just because of this slump.

Killorn needs to be traded somehow. He is an anchor on any line he's on. No speed, no offense or anything really other than falling down five times a shift. Completely in cruise control after his contract (yet somehow always ends up .5ppg). Palat is another anchor but at least he's physical.

The best players on the team are playing the worst just about. Defense is woeful and Vasy looks like last years 3GAA-ILEVSKY.

Yzerman needs to do something or it can get ugly quickly I feel.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yzerman needs to do something or it can get ugly quickly I feel.
It's been just a few bad games now, no need to hit the panic button yet. It's not like last year when every loss was a big hit on our playoff chances. This year we're pretty much guaranteed to make it at this point. Rather than making a trade because of a few bad games we should just watch if this trend continues and make decisions based on that. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of weeks we didn't even remember this bad stretch.

Reactions: Master P

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It's been just a few bad games now, no need to hit the panic button yet. It's not like last year when every loss was a big hit on our playoff chances. This year we're pretty much guaranteed to make it at this point. Rather than making a trade because of a few bad games we should just watch if this trend continues and make decisions based on that. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of weeks we didn't even remember this bad stretch.

I understand. To clarify, I don't want a trade (unless it involved moving Killorn), but rather a call up or benching one of the regulars, which would be Cooper's call. They need to try something from within.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I fell asleep mid way through the 2nd was it really that worse than the 1st. As harsh as this seems vasy needs to have a few games off just doesn’t seem all there. Guessing the players only meeting went well the other day then, got a tough few games coming up now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
For the love of god don't start Vasi next game. Give the kid a break. He's clearly lost his mojo, needs some time before putting him back in. Clear his head out.
That and maybe it will force the rest of the team to play actual defense since they know they have to protect Domingue.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
That and maybe it will force the rest of the team to play actual defense since they know they have to protect Domingue.

Well just because they'd have to doesn't mean they will. This team fights playing hard the way my daughter fights me about cleaning her room. For as great as we've been this year we've only seen maybe half a dozen games of unmitigated domination and playing as hard as we possibly can.

Are we sure we wanna feed Domingue to the wolves?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Vasy is getting eaten alive right now and can't track a puck to save his life. Dude is in a MAJOR slump.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

A thousand times this.

We're gonna be fine. Yzerman is probably going to let things play out like he always does. It's a long season and teams are going to play poorly at times. It doesn't excuse the team for playing poorly but it's a lucky break that we are facing so many Western teams in this stretch. Losing those games does not hurt us as bad.

We'll figure it out. It's just gonna suck watching these guys for a few more weeks

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Vasy is getting eaten alive right now and can't track a puck to save his life. Dude is in a MAJOR slump.

Dude can't catch a break to save his life either. I swear if that was Jonathan Quick in net that goal by Parise gets overturned in 20 seconds. I swear to God Quick protests if a player so much as even stands next to him during a goal.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I have been inactive this season due to Grad School and work, but I have been watching the Lightning . They really need to skate things up. The offense is stale and the defense has suffered with the loss of Hedmonster (Obviously). I think we need to call some young blood up for some energy or make a trade. I think Kilhorn and Callahan are a total waste of a spot right now and the contracts are beyond terrible. I think bringing up two young guys who can skate would be an upgrade at this time. The 10 million cap hit will haunt for us for several years.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Team is starting to look like the Bolts team from the first 3/4 of last season. The attention to detail is awful. The structure is awful. Vasi is way down right now and the team in front of him is an abortion.

Time for Cooper to circle the wagons here and get this team's head on straight or find somebody who will.

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
For the love of god don't start Vasi next game. Give the kid a break. He's clearly lost his mojo, needs some time before putting him back in. Clear his head out.
I agree give him a rest, start LD Monday if he wins, go right back with him Tuesday!! However. They will probably start Vassy Monday then rest him Tuesday with the back to back!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad