Recalled/Assigned: 2/17/20 - Wilson recalled to Buffalo/Assigned/Recalled/Recalled again (2/17/20)

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Pegula influence detected...

(Cavalry)

No. He got it right. Wilson will be our saviour!!
Unfortunately the 2nd definition may be more appropriate....

Definition of calvary

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: an open-air representation of the crucifixion of Jesus
2: an experience of usually intense mental suffering

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Dahlin - Montour
Pilut - Risto
McCabe - Joki
Miller

Bogo would be hard to move with how he's played, his injury history, and that salary. Just call up Pilut and banish Bogo to Siberia.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Huh. Did not know there was a second meaning to the word.
"These two words are wholly unrelated, but they often get confused. Calvary is a proper noun that refers to the hillside on which Jesus was crucified. Cavalry is a group of highly mobile army troop."

Sorry, the spelling ADHD in me couldn't resist.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
"These two words are wholly unrelated, but they often get confused. Calvary is a proper noun that refers to the hillside on which Jesus was crucified. Cavalry is a group of highly mobile army troop."

Sorry, the spelling ADHD in me couldn't resist.

I know the meaning of both words. I did not know there was a second meaning to calvary tho. I’ve only seen it as used in the religious context.

Then again there’s lots of words in the English language that are like that.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I know the meaning of both words. I did not know there was a second meaning to calvary tho. I’ve only seen it as used in the religious context.

Then again there’s lots of words in the English language that are like that.
Well in this case the second definition is pretty much just using the first one as a metaphor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad