Recalled/Assigned: 2-14-20 - Pilut sent down

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
P-1. O-1 is not meant for this kind of situation.

I saw “extraordinary ability” as being a professional athlete not a God lol

How it is descibed on that website it is for sure P-1

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
At least he gets an NHL paycheck. Pilut isn't the kind of guy to complain, he didn't establish himself in the SHL until his fifth year. He had a lot more good things to say about Rochester and the teammates there than about the Sabres in interviews during the summer so he's probably enjoying himself.

This will probably jinx it but whatever.

Reactions: Chainshot

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
At least he gets an NHL paycheck. Pilut isn't the kind of guy to complain, he didn't establish himself in the SHL until his fifth year. He had a lot more good things to say about Rochester and the teammates there than about the Sabres in interviews during the summer so he's probably enjoying himself.

This will probably jinx it but whatever.
”Jag är hur stolt som helst”
I think you have to log in to read the interview. Larry doesn't seem like the kind of father that raised a complainer.

Reactions: HaNotsri

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
It’d be typical Sabres fashion to sit him in the press box the entire time. Hopefully I’m wrong.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
There will be nothing surprising or appalling about Pilut sitting his first game with the big club.

There was a time and place to be mad Pilut wasn't in our top 6, and that was coming out of training camp. At this point, standard operating procedure says he's here for emergencies and can work his way into the lineup with a good week of practice maybe. That's how the world works.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
There will be nothing surprising or appalling about Pilut sitting his first game with the big club.

There was a time and place to be mad Pilut wasn't in our top 6, and that was coming out of training camp. At this point, standard operating procedure says he's here for emergencies and can work his way into the lineup with a good week of practice maybe. That's how the world works.

that seems like making excuses for incompetence on the part of the Sabres

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I think he should play but it will come down to how Ralph thinks roch and buffalo are aligned at this point.

Ralph, as we know, is very particular about the style and role guys play. I'd be disappointed but not suprised if pilut sat to start. Although, it's not like he's being called up 10 minutes before the game, there should be plenty of time between the call and puck drop to explain his role to him

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

Also in the real world, incompetent malcontents like Bogosian get launched into the sun.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
that seems like making excuses for incompetence on the part of the Sabres

I see some incompetence in the macro strategy. I don't get upset about all the little fallout from it along the way. This is just a predictable result of going into a season with 10 NHL D and hoping that the trade market broke in your favor. That was where they made the meaningful decisions. The idea that a better defensemen would be consequently relegated to the AHL and it would take too long to work them into the lineup isn't really news or the shocking twist here.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
Also in the real world, incompetent malcontents like Bogosian get launched into the sun.

Not sure what version of reality is real world to you, but it's not mine.

Bogosian has negative value and they may very well have to pay something stupid to get rid of him. In the real world, he's probably hanging out and hopefully playing small minutes and sitting off and on until he walks. They didn't have a salary cap and guaranteed contracts at Bethlehem Steel.

Again, the macro thing was trading for him. This all is just little fallout.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sounds like Ralph danced around the question of Pilut playing tonight in his morning interview with GR. I have my doubts.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not sure what version of reality is real world to you, but it's not mine.

Bogosian has negative value and they may very well have to pay something stupid to get rid of him. In the real world, he's probably hanging out and hopefully playing small minutes and sitting off and on until he walks. They didn't have a salary cap and guaranteed contracts at Bethlehem Steel.

Again, the macro thing was trading for him. This all is just little fallout.
We aren't paying him any less if we give him a seat in the press box where he can't hurt us.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003

Agree. No reason to second guess the coach on gametime D pairings when he's in the best position to evaluate whether he gets in tonight or not. There are other factors outside of whether he's the best player. Nothing wrong with a call up, especially D, to get a practice or two to adjust to playing back in the lineup.

That said, probably is a tempest in a teapot and he's most likely their best option and is ready to play since he should be familiar with both the NHL and Ralph.

Reactions: RedRaider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->