GDT: 1/19/19 - 7:00PM EDT - San Jose vs Tampa Bay

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Nice to have a legit stamkos with this group of talented players! I have not seen stamkos this good since before his 2014 injury! The guy is on a mission

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If you throw out October, Stamkos is shooting about 3.2 times a game with a shooting percentage of around 19.6% which should net him about 20 more goals to end the season if he keeps that pace.

For reference:

His 60 goal season he shot the puck about 3.7 times per game and at a 19.8% clip.

Last year he shot the puck about 2.7 times per game at a 12.7% clip.

That's a hell of a difference.

When comparing this season directly to his 60 goal season. He will obliterate the # of assists he had from that year, and his faceoff percentage from that year was also about 45% and for this year it's about 55%. Huge. He is also playing 4 minutes less per game than he played that year, and if you adjust his shot #'s to compensate, he would have only shot the puck about 3 times per game in 11/12, which adjust to under 50 goals.

In other words......this is very likely the best version of Stamkos we have ever seen.

It's where he's shooting from too. Last year, he couldn't pull off the move he made tonight, and rarely tried. He said it best himself: He's getting into dangerous areas and shooting the puck. No more Perimeter Stamkos.

We haven't had this weapon as a contender. But I'm a believer that we're gonna have it in these playoffs.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The moves by Stammer this game, wow! Joseph with a big showing in his return (1 goal, 4 shots), he really should stay a regular in the lineup going forward. Rotate Cally, Erne, Martel.

Now let’s just get Miller a goal next game, glad Gourde and Killer got on the board.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
It's where he's shooting from too. Last year, he couldn't pull off the move he made tonight, and rarely tried. He said it best himself: He's getting into dangerous areas and shooting the puck. No more Perimeter Stamkos.

We haven't had this weapon as a contender. But I'm a believer that we're gonna have it in these playoffs.

You have more faith than me. Seems like when the time and space dissappear so does Stammer. I do have faith he brings his other elements though which is great considering we've seen very little healthy Stamkos in the playoffs.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Man. When The Sharks fan tries to call your team playoff chokers :laugh::laugh:
Thornton-Sad2389.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad